1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Deity in character creation?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Crystallize, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Crystallize Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In the final section of the character creation thingy, you can type in a deity or something

Does it have any effect on anything? or is it just a role-playing thing?

thanx

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just for role-playing purposes. It won't have any impact in the original campaign.

3. Is it what your character believe in ? (god)

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Yes, a deity is a god, it is what your character believes in.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Off topic, you can type in anything in the Age. I think I'm gonna type "Bob" next time. :D

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

On a similar note ... what about "Sub-Race".

I've typed in Gold Elf, Aasimar, ect, and I can't see any sort of difference that it makes.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The sub-race is the same kind of thing. You can access it in your scripts if you want, but it makes no difference in your looks or abilities.

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I put "Possessed Human" as my latest. Comes with a Journal I write in everytime something more major is completed like, gaining a level, I would write in the Demon who possessed his body's words, "This mortal is becoming more powerful. Excellant, death needs it's agent..." It's fun. Really fun.

9. Laertiades Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if you choose human, you get extra feets, elf, the dex, so i does change, if you type something in the sub race, you miss out on the feats and special abilities you could otherwise have.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Human, Elf etc. are races, not sub-races. And I don't think you can skip choosing a race.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 11, 2002).]

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Ooh, so does a human have three feet? ;)

12. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31

So does that mean that if Human is highlighted, in the initial characther creation, and then you choose subrace, you get the human extras, or is the disadvantage of choosing a subrace the fact that you don't get bonuses?

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

In that case, you will get all the bonuses and penalties of being human.

14. void Guest

To clear this up further, all that choosing a subrace does is change the race that is written on your character sheet. i.e. if you choose human as your race, then type elf as your subrace, you'll get all bonusses and penalties related to humans, but no elven ones. Also, changing your subrace has absolutely no in game impact, and won't change what you look like or what order all the portraits are listed in. Hope this clears everything up,

Cheers, Void

15. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31

Well, I found out a little tidbit by experience. It seems that Human is not selected by default, and if you don't click on it and then select subclass, you don't get ANY extras. I realized this after I saw a friend of mine click on Human, and then choose subclass, and he got the extra feat and 4 skill points. Just wanted to let people know.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.