1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does AORTA still exist?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, May 22, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Asked the Circle of Lignt on the Alfa boards. (Player Purge thread) As no-one replied I guess people will assume not - which may be what you want them to think?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I never understood too much of AORTA. Is it also a part of ALFA, but then not a location but just a group of adventurers that travells in Faerun? What's the difference and how can AORTA be joined?

3. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I was really interested in joining AORTA, but ALFA never replied to my player app. Now I've kind of lost interest all together. If ALFA would get off it's ass and at least let me know if I'm in or not, I would apply for membership in AORTA. Unfortunately, I can't join AORTA until I've been accepten in ALFA.....It's been almost a month since I submitted my player application, and still no response.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I strongly hope so ... since I'm a member since ... lemme recap ... 3 or so weeks :) Oh well, I rarely read the ALFA forums recently, otherwise I had posted there.

Cilo Prudnose, halfling rogue at your service

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] Ragusa... you never change... do you? :rolleyes:

I'm still thinking what to do.... Phlan or AORTA.... any advice?

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

Its not an either/or you can be in both. Phlan is an ALFA server I will be DMing, assisted by Baldak, Koyo and Evaine. It is an area of ~ 6400 sq miles including a city, on the Moonsea.
    AORTA is a 'Faction' in ALFA, headed by Relic. Contact him for more details. Some of the AORTAns expressed a desire to start in Phlan, as have some non- AORTAns.
    So, you can play in Phlan whether or no you are in AORTA, you can be in AORTA whether or no you play in Phlan.

P.S Phlans next door neighbour is - Zhentil Keep!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  8. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

Is it possible to join more than one faction ?

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited June 05, 2002).]

9. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There are some guilds (children of shadows, for example) that don't allow you to join another guild at the same time. And I think that all guilds say that. However, I am not going to take part in an guild.It would be me alone and any friend I find on the way...

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Simultaneously in-game? No. But you can hop from faction to faction, providing the leaders are ok about it. Go adventuring with one group one week then move on, perhaps to another town and meet up with another group. I expect a lot of PCs to play 'mercenaries'.
    Players who do hop around may not benefit from 'faction resurrection schemes' ;)

11. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

So someone give me a yes or a no on this...can you still join this ATORA thing?

YES or NO

12. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

you can :D

13. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

AORTA is still a viable force, and though we have been flying below the radar for some time, we are still accepting applications. Please refer to the above mentioned link to our page, and follow the instructions there if you would like to apply. Currently, we are planning to be spread over two servers, with our main group on the Phlan server. Any questions, feel free to email me at relic@sorcerers.net.

We will remain to be a quiet presence, but will be a force when the game is released.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.