1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Build Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tap Dancing Oyster, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I've decided to have another go at HoTU this week. I started with a druid(5)/monk(4)/shifter(6) build in order to try out the dragon shape - and make use of the monks unarmed attacks. This character was OK against the lower level ogres/drow etc using the manticore and drider shapes - but got totally minced when it encountered the dragon on lvl1.
    I quickly changed tack and tried a paladin(2)/sorceror(9)/rdd(4) - this faired a little better - although I get the feeling the dragon will have no trouble with this character either.
    I'm pretty sure I am probably spreading the levels too thinly at this point - although I feel its better to be weaker earlier in the game than later on.
    Basically I'm after a powergaming character that I don't have to work that hard with. It would be nice to have some variation in gameplay - ie a strong mix of magic and melee.
    I have in the past used a pure sorceror - imported from the original at lvl 20 which I quickly got bored with as he was too high to level up with any frequency.
    Avoiding the dragon is not an option - any suggestions on gameplay or a new build?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    How about epic builds from BioWare site?

I guess a Monk/Druid would be fun to play. Maybe Bard/RDD. Paladin/Sorcerer for sure. Ranger/Monk/Weaponmaster perhaps. Or Sorcerer/CoT (battlemage type). Fighter/Wizard/Arcane Archer for the elven classic touch. Bard/Weaponmaster, a bit like 2E's Blade kit.

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you're talking about the same dragon I think you are, I had two different approaches. My preferred method was to use my monk 12/rogue 3 to sneak in, disarm the traps, unlock the locks and take the treasure. My Bard/RDD/AA, though, just opened fire and was able to slay the beast on the second try, IIRC.

I've heard that something along the lines of a Sorc 3/Monk 2/PM 10 could be very tough later on. Though it doesn't have a very high AB, it's AC and Crit Immunity should be helpful.

4. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I changed to a Monk8/Druid7 character - and took Deekin with me. THe fight was much easier - stoneskin helped me here as well as a couple of summons. Not sure whether or not this is recommended elsewhere - but common sense indicates this should be a good build to use. It seems to be reasonably fun to play so far.

5. Daggah Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Holy <self-censored>, that "Versatile Kensai" looks like a freaking god of destruction...

6. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Pure mages, pure clerics. . pure single player ownage. After all, what says "I love you" better then an maximized greater missle storm ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.