1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HotU

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Are you going to buy it? What do you think it will be like?

I will base my purchase on other people's feedback and reviews.

[ December 07, 2003, 12:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm definitely going to get it. From what I've heard and read, it is finally going to be what NWN should have been from the start.

3. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Definitely buying it. No real reason other than it will be [l33t] OMFGZ0rZ tH3 b3Zt g4M3 3v3R! [/l33t] sorry.

4. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

all the major PW's that exist will probably use this expansion aswell so If you want to play on one of them, you have to buy the expansion. There are some great new scripting comands etc in HotU

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

This is the exactly the reason why I'm buying it. I don't know if I would buy it, if I didn't play multiplayer as much. When the two expansion packs were announced, I always had higher hopes for HotU. Maybe I'll even get out of the first chapter of the single player campaign with this one.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, I'll definitely buy it. I've finally had some time to get into SoU, and I'm having a great time.

7. BigGreenPriest Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'll install NWN, make sure it works on my computer, and order it (through SP, of course) to begin playing almost immediately.

If you guys would just put off buying new games for a year, you wouldn't have to worry with these frustrations. When you get ready to play, the expansions and communities are ready and waiting for you!

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I haven't bought any new games in a while, but it looks like HoU may be next on my list. The new prestige classes look awesome, and I hope they include a pantload of new portraits. I prefer melee characters, and felt a little jipped that the only powerful melee prestige character in SoU (Blackguard) was evil only. I don't dig on evil. :nono:

Pretty much all the new prestige classes look cool as hell to me, especially the Champion of Torm. So I'm in. And for 30 bucks, I don't see it as a "splurge" purchase.

9. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Defentitly. I can't wait till I see my socerer level 40 :D .

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] I'm definitely buying it, although that will mean no food for the next month or so.

Fighter 10/Blackguard 10/Weapon Master 20

Fear me! :evil:

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Jup, i'll get it as soon as possible.

Cant wait to test my rogue3/druid5/shifter x in action :love:
    Shifters in general of course. :)

12. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am getting, won't be exactly at the release but oh well. I am excited for it though, excited enough to start a game of SoU again.

A bit off topic but me and my roommate are racing through SoU, both of us using monks. Fun Fun.

13. Nazgul Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'll buy it. Since the PW I play in will be switching over to it. So we can implment all the goodies that they have added into the game.

Now if they only let PC's roll a drow. :>

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'll probably only end up buying it when ALFA updates to it. Although I might get it if people here highly recommend it.

15. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes why not, I cant see any better rpgs out at the moment anyway.

16. Neriana Gems: 6/31

If you're buying it for multiplayer, don't. HOTU doesn't support multiplayer. Strange but true. That should mean the single player campaign's better though...

17. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've just started the single player campaign and I can't say I'm impressed with it. SOU seems like a step forward from NWN but HOTU seems a step back.

18. Kiwi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

[​IMG] Try again. The built-in Campaign that COMES WITH HotU isn't specifically INTENDED to work well in the multi-player mode. Sales of the first two parts of the game were strongest to solitary- playing buyers, who found the limitations that are required to enable multi-player just too restrictive.

The upgrades that come with HotU certainly will be playable in various Persistent Worlds created for multiple players, but the campaign itself has to be tweaked to work "somewhat" with more than one player in it.

:rolleyes:

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

*nods* It cant be non-multiplayer, since the game itself is intended for it.

BTW i'm playing it now.
    Really nice everything!
    You can have 2 henchmen along you, including Deelin - the kobold bard. Instantly when you begin the game you may level up to 15th level.
    But something is really really strange... Its all so easy!
    The initial first three fights werent. But once you come in the |spoiler| and you're fighting drow (not much of a spoiler that youre fighting drow anyway), they fall like flies!
    All effortless. It may have something to do with my animal companions incredible sneak attack damage though... 7d6 :D

20. Neriana Gems: 6/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.