1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Premium Modules

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by DarkStrider, Sep 14, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

[​IMG] I haven't looked at getting any of these before, are they worth it? What do they add, that makes them worth it? Are there any you would recommend? And any you wouldn't?

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Check out Spelly's reviews on them, in the review forum! They're great.

From a personal note, I've played three of them (the ones that came with NWN Diamond edition, or something like that). Played them over a year back, so my memory might not be the best, but here's what I thought of the ones I've played.

Kingmaker was fairly good, although I was disappointed by the ending. One of those ones where you are left thinking "yeah, and now what?" Had some fun RP in and was generally entertaining.

Shadowguard was another one where the ending was cut off fairly soon. IIRC the story seemed fairly fun, but unfortunately it didn't... finish. I think this one is the first part of a series - I just haven't seen any further parts of it...

Witchwake I didn't really like, but others speak about how great it was. Thought the story was quite lacking, and once again, it is the first part of a series and I haven't seen any further releases.

I hear the Pirates of the Sword Coast is brilliant - very heavy focus on roleplay - although I haven't actaully played it.

Darkness Over Daggerford, one of the cancelled Premium Mods, was great fun. It certainly had a BG feel to it, even including a world map. And to make matters better, it's free! The ending was disappointing, but as you can probably tell, I'm often disappointed by endings ;)

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I did thanks Rotku :thumb: They were quite good and useful.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I played the three in the Kingmaker pack:

Kingmaker - I found this one fairly good until the end, which was lacking as Rotku said.

Shadowguard - This one seemed a bit more bland, not much happening to get my attention and not a great ending.

Witch's Wake - This one had the best plot line and I was enjoying it a fair bit. And then it ended. Suddenly and without any warning, it stopped basically in the middle of a quest.

Pirates Of The Sword Coast - Haven't played this one, probably never actually will. Like Rotku, I've heard good things about it though.

Darkness... - I haven't finished this one yet, so no comment.

I have absolutely no idea how the Cormyr one is.

Overall, I found them too short and lacking in a proper ending to recommend them- especially as there are just as good ones available free from the Vault.

5. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Kingmaker certainly is good, as the other said, Shadowguard wasn't so bad I guess, but I got this feeling we'll never know the rest of the story unless they decide to actually finish it on NWN2 (I think Atari had them cancel all the premium modules in work except Wyvern thing, the lastest, which so far got the praise from everyone who's played it).
    I wasn't interested in Witch Wake, haven't played Pirates altho I really want to, no idea about Infinite Dungeons, the lastest one is also apparantly great as I said above.

6. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have Kingmaker and have yet to finish it. Found the henchmen kind of annoying (they're strange: an Azer (firey planar dude), a wererat with a speech impediment...) meh, annoying. Plus I made the mistake of playing it with an ugly, evil dwarf. I think it's a module where you do a lot of diplomacy and talking people into annointing you king, so... I just gave up.

7. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Not at all, there's barely any diplomacy involved. As for the henchmen, the whole thing is about being a misfit in a group of misfits, plus, they all have their own stories, so the wererat speaking is explained among other things (you're not even forced to take those two with you as well, you can just pick different ones). The story is not just about becoming a king, there's more to it then that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.