1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

brew potion feat in OC?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Scot, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've got NWN platinum. Can my wizard get the brew potion feat in the OC, or do I have to wait until SoUT? Can you actually brew potions in the game? In the manual it said something about betting empty potion bottles from stores, but I've never seen any of those.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never seen the point of brewing potions in the single player campaigns as there are always plenty around. In other, less plentiful environments, it would be a more useful skill.

But I have not answered your question (because it is not something I have ever bothered to try).

3. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yes. The changes from the extensions are integrated into the main program.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can obtain any of the feats/skills in the OC -- they just may not be useful until you get to the expansion and can obtain the necessary components to actually make the item. Tumble works though.

You can also take any of the prestige classes in the OC once you meet the requirements.

5. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You can't get the blank scrolls/potions until HotU as they are only available from stores. You can get the bone wands in the OC though. If you have 4 or more (I recommend 4) points in craft weapon, many skeletons you kill yourself will drop bones which can be converted into bone wands (DC 13 I think). Note that this only applies to skeletons you kill so you might want to solo the prelude (with 4 points in craft weapon to start) to get the needed wands. Also, if you are going to use craft wand you might want to make it so all crafted wands have 50 charges like in PnP (instructions below). Since crafted wands are more expensive than just buying them I don't consider it cheating to fix crafted wands to be the same as PnP.

How to make crafted wands start with 50 charges

NOTE: all commands are case sensitive
    1. Enter debug mode (DebugMode 1 at the console)
    2. Use the command SetVarModInt X2_SWITCH_ENABLE_50_WAND_CHARGES 1
    3. Turn off debug mode (DebugMode 0)
    4. Repeat these steps every time you load a new chapter or module (such as after starting HotU with an imported character)

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hey NL255, thank you. That's really helpfull.

7. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you are playing a wizard don't bother putting points into craft weapon as the skill is modified by intelligence and it won't be long before it will be high enough that bones will start appearing -- that's with zero _ranks_ in the skill, but your INT is high enough that it is 4+.

8. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

That is not true, I have a wizard with 18 INT and bones do not appear unless I put 4 points in craft weapon.

9. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I have to disagree here. My level 12 wizard had not a single rank in crafting skills (other than the INT bonuses), and yet he was well able to find large bones and craft them into wands. Heck, my level 7 fighter is finding large bones at the end of chapter 1, and has absolutely no points in crafting.

Only skeleton warriors, Desther's ritual creatures, and skeleton mages gave me bones as loot, though. Skeleton priests and normal skeletons gave nothing but shiny stuff.

Also, crafted wands are more expensive because their level is normally higher than those you can buy, but I agree with nl255's point of view. In PnP you get 50 charges, in the game you should get the same.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I replayed the fight with Desther and this time I didn't get any single bone from the ritual creatures... :confused:

[ March 10, 2006, 00:37: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

10. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Another option is to either use the Tool Set to create your own "starter" module or download one of the "trainer" modules. Create a level 1 character and buy a crapload of empty bottles, bone wands, blank scrolls, armor and cloth dyes, etc. Export ("save") that character. Then start up the OC with that character.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.