1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your character and Henchmen?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Z-Layrex, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Frodofan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm using a human fighter(9) for the killing power, Roque (2) for recoveing traps for $$$$$, and ranger (2) for the dual weild (Longswords, he slices, he dices!).
    I started with Tomi, but switched to Linu. Her undead turning sweeps minor undead like a broom and her healing keeps me swinging during tough fights.
    I'm thinking of dropping her and going alone for more experience. It seems that a romance could develope with her, though. Anyone know if NWN has romances?

2. Louthor Gems: 1/31

Ive got a level 13 male elven fighter who specilises in longswords, I use Linu as a Henchwoman and im currently hacking and slashing my way through chapter 3. If you realy want to hear the backround to my char just ask but its a long one. Its a good story though.

[ October 27, 2002, 21:06: Message edited by: Louthor ]

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Elaellur: male Cleric (level 7)
    Henchman: Grin
    Wielding a magical GreatAxe... whatsitcalled..erm... the one with the 2 points fire damage.Or a blunt weapon and a towershield.
    I'm still waiting for the guy that would fix my computer so the NWN and the Toolset might work properly so I can make my own items.
    If anyone feels like helping make a nice item for me in the mean time, please mail me. ;)

4. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Randall Wystan: 6/5 paladin/fighter. Fighter for feats and Discipline class skill (when fighting a dangerous enemy, I'd like to spend as little time on my back as possible, thank you.), Paladin for special abilities and Persuade (Yeah, I know I'm a noble knight and all that, but you don't think you could give me all your savings, too?). Primary henchman: Tomi. He just rocks, although he often sees a trap on the other side of a door (how?) and goes to disarm it, opening the door onto a huge crowd of baddies that hack him apart before I can call him back. If I can get the enemies focused on me, however, he does as much damage with his sneak attacks as my character does with greatsword specialization.

Sharwyn is a good multi-purpose character, and her song and the enhancement spells she casts on my pally/fighter make him a real juggernaut in battle, but her lockpicking skills are far inferior to Tomi's and she goes down incredibly fast if even a few enemies get to her. She would be my second choice.

5. DarkExile Gems: 1/31

I play a pure blooded elven sorceror. great for offensive and defnsive. better then the mage as they can use more of the meta magics... more spells= more pain
    the only problem ive had with him is anicent red dragons. i just dont have the kind f spells to take them out. they are immune to all my main varieties.... fire and lightning are my specialties.on black dragons i do 120 damage a hit with my maximized chain lightnings.... defense isnt a worry either as i can fight a balor lord with out getting 1 damage for at least 10 minutes. and my defenses are set to last for 1 day with the help of my metamagics.

fighters are good but .. not as fun ( to me anyway )

im terribly weak against monks though.... they seem to kill me way to easy

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I use a Gray Druid and my henchman is usually Daelen

7. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have a male human cleric of Tyr (that's what I put in the slot for deity at any rate.) My character's henchman is Red Tiger, he's almost too good at killing things for me but he'll keep the crowds of badies away while my cleric comes up with something nasty to do to them.

8. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Danica Maupiossant(don't know if I spelled that right.. original, I know) - female human monk lvl 13 with Tomi as my henchman..

9. Tormyr Gems: 1/31

Tormyr
    ranger
    Sharwyn or dealan

10. Puredarkness Gems: 3/31

im a sorceror that happens to be immune to all spells that i have seen thrown a him. I mademy own items withou hacking them and it seems that not only is he resisant to alot of combat damage but he is almost immune to magic.*exept some cleric spells*. when i acually bother to use spell protections he is immune all spells ( for a while) and he is hard to kill with a fighter to .

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    [​IMG] Fighter (6) Rogue (7) elven, mostly a "dexterious" fighter type (STR 10 DEX 28 (21 natural) I'm on chap 3 just after I worked for Akula, Axkul, whatever the green dragon in moonwood!! I'm using sharwyn but with an AC 17 she get killed SO SOON!!!!!! I think I'll swich to Linu, better since I can find trap open lock kill giant with my super sneak attack...

12. Ranger_Arahael Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I play as a 6th level ranger- 3rd level wizard. My familiar pixie takes care of the thief aspect of my party, and I have pretty much everything else that a party could need: As a ranger, I can cast divine spells and fight, and as a wizard, i can cast arcane spells. I had Daelen as a henchman for a while, but then I ditched him when I got the Greater Swordsman's Belt. Trust me on this- you don't need any help when you get the belt, and help costs you experience. Get the belt!

13. Death2All Gems: 1/31

I play as a Lvl 9 Human Fighter, I use Tomi every once and a while but I prefer solo.
    I also use an axe and a shortsword most of the time (Clangeddins Wayward Axe and Shortsword of Quickness, for the speed) But sometimes I use the ole fashion longsword and shield (Astral Blade +2 and Large Shield +3)

P.S. I smash everything possible. :D

14. Bolo_Yeung Gems: 1/31

Human chaotic good Sorceror + Linu. Good combo, though need to rest quite often...

15. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

my character
    Ranger5-Fighter4-Rogue4

I fight with two-wepons (He is a ranger :rolleyes: ) a longsword and a short sword (like any other ranger)

[ January 21, 2003, 06:27: Message edited by: Rekiller ]

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I used a ranger rogue, mostly taking levels in rogue through the game with Linu. I occasionaly used Daelan and Gringnaw, but I couldn't stand the annoying cockney voiced halfling. How I wanted to kill him ;) .

17. Seyahat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I haven't been happy with the henchmen... if there was the character development of BG II, I might put up with their poor scripting, but as it is, they screw up my tactics more often than I can stand.

For solo adventuring, I haven't found a better mix than fighter/thieves or ranger/thieves... rogue skills allow them to move through the dungeons with ease and plan attacks, fighting skills and hitpoints allow them to survive alone.

18. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Khazar:

Race: Elf
    Class: Ranger
    Animal Friend: Panther (Daedalus)
    Weapons: Dual Weilded Katanas, Composite Longbow, 3 throwing daggers.
    Henchman: Daelan Red Tiger
    Summoned Animal: Dire Wolf

Summary: Great Team

19. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

In NWN, a Paladin-Champion, Sun Elf.
    My favorite is Linu. I do hire the others because I leave no stone unturned. When you hire them, each HenchPerson gives you a personal Item, keep it. Every time I find something that I have no idea what it does or is for I talk to everyone. It ends up that each person has a Mission for each chapter, from when you meet them. After completeing their goal they give the main charcter something useful, which over the chapters increases in usefullness.
    Yup, even the evil aligned charcter/s. "For the glory of Aribeth...uh Tyr"

20. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Thelsaeyndra Zhanil'yln - Paladin(1)/Sorceress(4)

Not quite high enough level to hold her own with spellcasting therefore she is relegated to high spell failure armors and her trusty Short Bow +1 while Daelan beats the holy hell out of anything that moves, so long is it doesn't have a knockdown attack... The funny thing is with her +6 attack and Rapid Shot she's not a half bad archer. Now if the Arcane Archer prestige class comes into play with the expansion...

And of course there is her trusty pixie sidekick Ziyi with all the theiving abilities of Tomi minus the annoyance. And if you can't disarm that damn trap, posses her and you have a kamakazi trap disarm. :)

Now if I could just heal I would be set...

[ January 24, 2003, 22:15: Message edited by: Alex ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.