1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I have a question

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Christian, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hmm.. Not exactly what you were looking for, but maybe this will help. It's a quote from the Official FAQ:

In the initial release of Neverwinter Nights, you will be able to develop your character to 20th level, the highest level supported by 3rd Edition's core rulebooks. Unlike many other RPG systems, a 20th level character in D&D is a force to be reckoned with and reaching such a level is quite the achievement. In future expansions, the level cap may be raised even further.

3. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

there's something i dont get!
    If you can import your BG2 character in Neverwinter Nights
    How does it works?
    if you import a 21 lvl monk for exemple
    You have answered me that the maximum lvl was 20
    so in that case what would happen?

I dont understansd your point
    help me plz
    thx in advance
    Chris

4. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I had some concerns about this as well. So I started reading up on the details and I have gathered thusly sofar:

You start off NWN at apparently 1lvl or so (the expression I found used "inexperienced" ... 1stlvl?).

The Import Capablility will modify your attributes to fit the 3rd edition rules (allowing you some choices withing the 8/25point system)

You will be given some choices for Classes, customization, etc during import.

However, I believe those of us who worked HARD on a BG1 character, used all the TOMES, then imported it into BG2, got the minor benifits via the door in the final battle -will be in for some disapointments. Dont know to what degree but having a 21 Wisdom from the extra TOMES found in BG1/TOSC just won't "fly" in NWN!

Nevertheless... I CAN'T WAIT for this game to finally be released. It's like the LOTR movies... one per year? Why? The world may not last that long! :)

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited April 24, 2001).]

5. Elanor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It's probably not very usefull to import a character from BG2, whatever Bioware claims. You'd be stripped of your levels and equipment. You'll start as level one again, so all thats left is your bio, picture, name.
    The old stats and class combinations don't even work on the new system, so you'll have to adapt those too. So importing won't be that different from starting a new character that looks a lot like your old one.

It makes sense though. How do you make a game that's suitable for both characters that start at level 1 and those that start at level 20?

6. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

>You'll start as level one again, so all >thats left is your bio, picture, name.

That's not necessarily going to be true, though. There could well be DM's that have their players start off at level 5, or 10, or what have you. I'd expect that NWN would allow this, but I don't know.

Even if you can import your character into NWN, where are you going to use him? None of the persistent worlds would let him in, and I'd imagine he's just too powerful for most modules. It'd be more an intellectual excercise than anything else.

Cullain

7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sentimental value, i really have a soft spot for the character I first beat BG2 with, a NG Ranger.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.