1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's the hardest fight you've had?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Frodo, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The Slaads were never a real problem for me since I had a blue dragon scale at hand :holy: and due to dodge & mobility (I can't praise them enough) and the moronic habit of the grey and death slaads to only summon red slaads they were easy dealt with: I just never wasted a hit on a summoned creep except when I needed to force my way to the real baddies.

Hardest fight so far: Klauth (I ended up locking myself out ;) and picking him off with arows after he wiped the floor with me in melee) and Brother Toras and his undead troupe (very annoying on lower level).

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 20, 2002).]

2. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Above I mentioned that my hardest fight was a dire bloated spider and at that time I was at the beginning of chapter 3 and I recently finished the game and now I would have to say it was Klauth by far. He took me a couple of tries and a lot of potions to kill.

[This message has been edited by Abyssal Knight (edited July 20, 2002).]

3. Tormal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Funny thing, I had the most problems with the guardian Armor at the fallen Helm temple. It was parrying all my attacks and same by me. Tough damage resistence too. Cost me nearly TWELVE realtime minutes all my potions, spells and a dead henchman. Phui what a battle, but looked pretty cool. At this time NWN had won my heard even with the XPcap.

4. void Guest

Yeah, I've gotta say that those dire spiders are TOUGH! Especially if you're a melee fighter or a rouge. My ranger/cleric didn't have any troubles with them however (buff + summons + henchmen= :D ).

EDIT: ARRRGGGHHH, bloody typos :(

[This message has been edited by void (edited July 21, 2002).]

5. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Heh hardest fight.. Easy choice for me. Chapter 1, no man's land, that blasted scythe wielding half-orc. :D That was the very first region I had entered in the chapter and that damned half-orc kept critting my 18 hp 3rd level mage for over 60+ damage. (he once did it 3 reloads in a row lol)
    Obviously it was way over my head but it somehow became a personal thing and bloodlust took control of me and I kept trying and trying again. Finally killed him by color spray, magic missile run out the door rest save repeat :p
    (the only time I cheated in a fight. Otherwise I don't even ever use the stone of recall during a fight)

After that I went on to Meldenan's house (geez very tough for a 3rd level mage should've been the last place I went in chpt 1) so his apprenti was very tough too. I levelled up during the process and killed Meldenan as a level 4 mage, at my first try too :)
    Looking back, I was foolishly stubborn but I thought the other areas would be just as hard *shrug*

After about level 7, I just walked over everything throughout the remainder of the game easily.
    That Klauth had me down to 1 hp (breated fire for 100+ damage on me) but he was just lucky I had forgotten to cast an elemental protection spell and thought I had one on. He had a painful slow death to say the least after that. (some power word stun fun) :p

6. Anaris Gems: 1/31

my Lvl11 sorcerer had real trouble against the beggars nest zombie gangs. with grimgnaw. with combat spells. with a panther. with an adventurers robe. I got killed by 3 zombie warriors, a ghoul lord, 4 zombies and a mummy. Repeatedly.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] One, single, bloody, black Bodak! I must have reloaded 20 times to kill the bloody thing. Unbelievable. I took entire armies of monsters on with up to 2 reloads at a time till then, max, but this Bodak (before Quint's cell in Chapter 2) made one blast of whatever it does and killed my henchman, familiar and me. No matter what I did, one of his blasts killed us all. I still don't know if this new patch screwed this up, because I can't believe one monster can have a kill-all attack. I mean, that's dragon-power stuff!

Finally I summoned a Skeleton Warrior since I was already giving up since no potion or aid spell offered any resistance to its bloody blast, and then I found out that the skeleton is immune to his blasts! And since it focused the blast on it my familiar and henchman were unharmed except for its regular attacks, and we brought it down relatively easy. But man, all the things I tried to get there! Unbelievable...

8. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, that Bodak can be nasty. In the Pnp game, it has a death gaze (DC15 fort save or die)so any round you are facing the creature you have to save. Ouchie.

Anyway, my half orc fighter had a huge fort save bonus, so he just whacked the thing to bits. My druid/wizard, however, just got lucky. I was out of range of the attack when it wiped out the rest of my crew and was able to blast him with spells. Evards Black Tentacles among others, IIRC.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, that Bodak's death gaze was murder ( :) ), but once I fortified myself with potions to help my saves, I had no problem. I checked out it's rating after it killed me a couple of times, and it was "Impossible" at the time I was there.

10. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The easiest was the final boss, didn't even damage me one singel time!

11. Masterfulks Gems: 1/31

Veteran

The first Bodak that I ran into that had a death gaze for sure!

But now I have a belt that gives me immunity to death magics.....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.