1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why I hate Sirines

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Niskers, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@Trminator, yes it is. Algernon's cloak works like a charm (err...no pun intended, I swear!) on the sirines...as well as most of the monsters in the game.

PS- Welcome to the boards!!

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    David W, she does dissappear but you can still kill her if you are quick. She has such low HP taht your melee characters only have to land 1 or 2 blows to kill her.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Low HPs? When I fight her it takes a good 50 HP of damage to kill and for an enemy so early in the game that's a fairly large amount.

But I'm certainly going to try it anyway. Getting the XP bonus for her boss, and the Helm, *and* the 5000 XP for her is a must have.

Just one question, does she still use her killing kiss after you've freed her?

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    no she doesn't. After ogre droths defeat she will walk away. In the short space of time before she disappears you can attack her all you like because she wont react. Every time I've played through its been possible to kill her in time, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

5. Gnooh-Iaw Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am currently playing The Original Saga and cleared the area where you met Sil & Sirines. Somehow Branwen in my party turned against the party again and again.

Is it a bug?

Although Branwen was under Sil's Dire Charm spell when fighting with Sil, it had worn-off.
    Later she turned against the party again out of nowhere. I had to cast a charm spell on her to turn her back. It worked for a while. However, sometime later she turned against the party again.

Did I missed something here?

6. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Whack one of them and turn their own arrows on them. Won't be casting any spells after that :p

7. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I encountered a similar problem several times:
    When a party member is charmed, you can charm it "back", so you will regain control. If you are lucky, the hostile charm effect will wear off before yours. But sometimes it does not happen, and character remains hostile. No matter how many hours you try to rest, it remains. Only reload helps.
    (I learnt a lesson and saved more often. I had explored and cleared a whole area, and in a little battle (after more than an hour of playing) one of my characters had become permanent-charmed)

8. Trminator Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Doesn't Dispel Magic work on the characters if they are charmed like that? So you may dispel instead of reloading, I mean? (Hate reloading.. Gives me the feeling that I suck in the game.. :p )

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Dispel doesn't work on charm AFAIK. All it will do is remove their defences.

10. Golden Avenger Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] The thing I hate about Sirens is when hey charm you It seems so long before the spell wears off, even If you kill them off you have to run from your party who was affected for 5 minutes

11. Sandstar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Actually, if your charactor becomes permanatly charmed against you, you can charm them, kick them off your party, and ask them to rejoin. That also clears the permacharm. (won't work if you have to good/bad a rep, forcing the charactor to leave)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.