1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN... lonely multiplayer...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Jovialjuggler, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Aaah, ok. If Dms who kill you and rezz you for no in game reason and reaching lvl 19 in a day is your idea of roleplay fun, don't bother with Alfa. It takes a couple of weeks to reach lvl 2 and the Dms are indistinguishable from other players.

2. Louthor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm intrested in ALFA I even have a good scenario thingy that im going to post to one of the DMs. I could be usefull too. Ive had quite a lot of experience roleplaying since on Ultima Online a spent a year Roleplaying a Knight and during that year they taught me to command, lead and follow and then went on to create my own guild. I can also write brilliant stories and backrounds for scenarios and characters.

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've just been messing around in the Narfell world (PWStory) and have had some fun. I played a dwaven barbarian (magic in real time is too tricky) and teemed up with another dwarf. We kept being killed fairly quickly once we left the safety of the town. If you try it, I'd suggest trying the quests around town to get some expereinece (I don't know if there is enough to level up I was too impatient to get out there bashing skulls). It's also wose to speak to the mayor a few times before you buy anything as he will gve you some discount notes. Finally, try and team up with a few people in the town market place before setting off (we had three people and still got slaughtered). If you die you can be resureected if they have healing and are quick, if you go to limbo its very expensive and probably means restarting.

4. Jovialjuggler Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

a day? I've been on the server for about a month. And I broke my leg recently so I havn't been doing much else.
    Me and the DM were just having fun.
    and there ARE dm run events and they are really fun.
    Don't bash it until you try it, and don't assume so much.

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] At this point and time, until something is done about the problem, I would like to retract any recomendation I had made for the Dark Sun Online server. The sad thing is, it really did have alot of potential as a good action server. The area design, aside from Tyr itself in my opinion, is very well done. All the custom content is great, and the quests are well laid out, interesting, and alot of fun. But around 4 level 20 pkers have basically ruined the server. They've taken around 2/3 of the area, and almost all of the area that has any creatures in it that give xp for level 11 and higher. So they run around, killing on site any lower level players or taxing 500 gold to move through their area, and there's really nothing in game any player can do about it. Sure, a few players will stand up to them because they can, but it doesn't solve anything. After they die, they go right back to holding the lands hostage. The dm's and designers have already stated they won't do anything directly, so basically, the server has gone from fun to practically unplayable. I had high hopes for it too, as I had fond memories of Athas and I wanted to play there again. But until they decide to do something about this battlenet breed of pker, the server's become a joke....and the sad thing is, I don't think the dms even get it.

I would like to keep my recomendation for SoulForge however. They've been adding some very nice features acording to their website, and they actually keep the server under control. From reading their boards, they do have somewhat of a problem with people exploiting pickpocketing, but compared with DSO, that would be a welcome blessing. I hadn't played there for a few weeks because I had been enjoying DSO. But now, I plan to start there again. Here's a link to their site:

http://soulforge.telmaron.com/

Narfell will be on my list of worlds to try as well.

[ November 01, 2002, 02:04: Message edited by: Crawl ]

6. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What's the differnce between a vault character and alocal one? I, mean, they all show up and the characters I used in Multi never showed up again..

7. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Local vault characters are stored on your PC while server vault characters are stored on server. Local vault allows you to use characters you played through the official campaign (or any other module you have locally) in your multiplayer games. Server vault means you create a new character the first time you play on a particular server. The big advantage to server vault is that it keeps out l33t hax0rs and their ridiculous weapons.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.