1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN... lonely multiplayer...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Jovialjuggler, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Jovialjuggler Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yeah. so I got NWN, fun game.. on single player.
    I tried multiplayer I joined a random game and there was a level 17 warrior guy and like a level 15 wizard elf girl. And I was a piddly level 1 druid, I didn't really know what was going on.
    I just wanted to know if thers anyone out there that wouldn't mind having a total newbie to D&D and NWN tag along with them? (Well..I did play BG-BG2 :) ) I like roleplaying and all that, All I need is companions that play NWN because I think the multiplayer looks really fun. Just sucks that none of my friends play it..

[ October 03, 2002, 13:24: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There are several servers out there that cater specifically to low level characters. Those would definitely be a good place to start. Also, wandering around with a high level party can be a good way to get yourself killed. Many scalable encounters are determined by either the average level of the party or the level of the person who sets off the encounter trigger. While I am not sure exactly which one it is, the end result will likely be the same - spawning encounters in which you don't stand a chance. Sticking with characters of around the same level as you should help you out considerably, though finding a benevolent character a few levels higher can help you gain XP pretty quickly. Hope that helps you a bit, because this game is certainly much more fun multiplayer.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Check out Neverwinter Connections. They're a MP matching service, so hopefully you'll be able to find a group of people there that suit your interests.

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There's also a handy module you can 'play' that is designed purely to let you level up a character. I think it can be played on the main Gamespy server or you can download it and use it to level up off-line. The module consists of a number of rooms, one to let you choose which level you want to be, another to get appropriate equipment and some more with monsters in to test yourself against. Just don't get carried away and make a ridiculously hard character :)

The module name is The Halls of Advanced Training and you can get it from here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1026158289894.shtml

[ October 03, 2002, 20:50: Message edited by: Slappy ]

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah Slappy, but as far as I know, most servers use server vault only characters, in particular persistant worlds, so I'm not sure just how useful that would be.

6. Jovialjuggler Gems: 1/31

Im confused..how do I find similar partys?
    I joined one game and there were all these high level people, then I entered a house and I died.
    I havn't dared to try yet X_X

7. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There are a couple of things you can do. First, check the level restrictions of servers (this is listed beside server and module names) and choose an appropriate one. There are servers out there that only allow characters of level 1-5. Click on server details and ensure only legal characters are allowed. This ensures there will be no "cheaters" with hacked characters. Finally, click on connect and view the player list to make sure other players currently on the server are around the same level as you. Connect and enjoy.

8. Mouse Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] This may be out of line, but do you know that you can export your sp character and use it in open multi games???

Saves having to start from level 1 again :)

9. Jovialjuggler Gems: 1/31

I dont think thats out of line, actually Im thankful for the advice ^^
    Ill try and look for those 'newbie' servers.
    I was just hoping to find a group of semi-dedicated people to maybe hang around with. /me shrugs

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Mouse, yeah, but only on servers which allow local vault characters, and there aren't too many of those.

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

From what I've seen, almost every server is levels 1-20, meaning that you'll see everything around. Also, that module that Slappy mentioned also will only truly help you if you are doing local vault, in which case running Contest of Champions in SP mode will accomplish the same ends.

How about posting a link to that?

While persistent worlds generally do, Wildfire, I've found that most of the other servers allow local vault, however they still have the enforce legal characters on, so you won't have as many of the idiots (there will be some though).

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Well, looks like I'm having the same problems ;) Anyone want to come play on the Dark Sun Online server? I'm only level 5 (almost).

13. Louthor Gems: 1/31

Ive been looking for a good online server to. Last time I tried pretty much the same thing happened to me. However I now have a level 13 fighter ready to be exported from single player so if anyone wants a good fighter and has a good server let me know.

14. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] If you are looking for roleplay more than just hack and slash, ALFA is taking player aps again:
    http://www.alandfaraway.net

Ask what you like, I'm helping to build it!

[ October 27, 2002, 20:44: Message edited by: Erran ]

15. Louthor Gems: 1/31

Cool tell me more about it and I might join

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    All the info's on the url he gave you. All you need to do is read.

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Well for those interested, I've been playing in a few peristant worlds through gamespy. All are open to the public, so naturally there will be a few kiddies running around acting stupid. But for the most part, I've found them quite enjoyable *aside from the crashes*. Both Dark Sun Online and SoulForge I've found to be very fun. Both are in the PW action section. They're both large worlds. DSO has some great custom content, and SoulForge I've found to be well put together. Dark Sun has some really good quests, and both worlds are large enough that there are always quite a few people playing at once. I've tried Exaria, which is a world of several linked servers. It looks nice, but it seems to mostly be empty, so I've never gotten into it much. Narfell is on my list of worlds to try, and there are several more that look promising. I was really down and harsh on NWN multiplayer the first couple of months. Gamespy was cloged with beta servers and modules of game chapters, and nothing seemed to be up long. Now it's leveled out. Not nearly as many players on, the ping times are good (though lag isn't always so great), and there are some consistently good servers on.

18. Mithrandir Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A good PW server is the Lord of the Rings. It's almost always full so you usually have to wait a few munites to get on.

19. Louthor Gems: 1/31

Yeah your right most of information was there. Sorry. Ive got ADHD so sometimes I cant pay attention long enough to read it all

20. Jovialjuggler Gems: 1/31

Well since then I've been doing a little (Alot) of playing, first on the "Dystotopia" server, but it lagged too much. But I got try stuff out. I like druids and clerics.. so a friend I made from that server and I moved to the "Rovenna_beta" server. And I've had a loaddd of fun! The main dms a bit sadistic (First time I met him he kept killing and resurecting me for kicks, it was really funny.) and almost everyone rps, and now I'm level 19 cleric! Super super fun. The servers almost always full now. I suggest you check it out, its under roleplaying. its great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.