1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Regarding Epic Levels

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Halucien, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Halucien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, I'm new to the board but I'm playing Neverwinter Nights since its release. But have only recently gotten the Diamond Edition for ease of installing. :p

Just needing some questions regarding Epic Levels and how do they work out.

Like say if I have a Level 20 Fighter. And I embark upon my 21st level and beyond. Do I get more and more Base Attack Bonus?

Secondly, do I still get feats every 3 levels as well as Fighter Bonus Feats every 2 levels?

And since with the few new expansion pack and updates/patches with inclusion of a lot of new feats. How should I be building my fighter to be viable solo? I've recently started a new Fighter and he's already level 12 and just went into Luskan(sp?). And I'm already tired of Tomi's constant "Okey Dokey" "I'm done." speeches as well as he doesn't stay on his feet very often when things gets bloody (Which I concede is rather often. :p )

I did try to play solo but with some of the one-hit-kill traps found on multitude of chests across the game, making touching them a big No-No. Range attack smashing isn't my cup of tea either. Saving and reloading takes lots of time as well. :( Should I just stick with Tomi? Or I could get Daelan to trigger the trap and die for me instead? :evil:

Anyway, what kind of builds should I go for? Two-Weapon Fighting? Two-Handed? Sword & Board?

Thanks for any advice given. :D

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Alright, hi there!

BAB does continue as normal into Epic levels. Note however, that once you reach 20th level you will no longer gain extra attacks.

Your bonus feats also continue as normal.

Fighter isn't too challenging a solo. If you are dying, try using items to increase your constitution and damage reduction (Ring of Power is good for elemental resistance and regeneration).

An alternative is to put skill points in Disable Traps when you level up- though you'll need 2 per point as it is a cross-class skill.

Or you could simply not open the chest. ;)

If you wanted to use Two-Weapon wielding, then you should really have planned for it by this point (and have 15 Dexterity). Two-handing weapons are a good bet as they add 1.5 times your strength bonus to the damage.

3. Halucien Gems: 1/31

Hmmm...But is Ring of Power a static drop/reward or is it a random item from chests/drops? Because I'm not inclined towards saving/reloading to try getting items I want from chest. Seems kind of cheap to me. :p

As for Dual Wielding or Two-Handed weapon, I could reroll a new character with 15 dex if needed to but I just need some tips. But I guess Two-handed Weapons should do fine. But I would probably still reroll due to wrong feats selection. *Sighs*

And thanks for the reply. :D

4. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Huh, there is no rolling for stats with NWN. It uses a Point Buy system. Since Improved Two Weapon Fighting can't be taken until BAB of 9+, you can start with a dexterity of 14 to have a better starting strength and set it to 15 at level 4 then start going up the Two Weapon feats (ambidexterity, twf and improved twf).

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Any and all of those ideas will work, just with varying levels of frustration. The real beauty of Tomi is that he runs off and deals with traps in the background without you having to tell him so it saves a lot of micromanagement.

6. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

BAB progression goes up at the same rate in Epic levels for all classes (1 BAB every 2 levels I think). Thus, a 20 fighter/20 wizard would do well to take all 20 fighter levels first and take the 20 wizard levels in epic.

I'll repeat myself from another post: the OC (Official Campaign) is so bloody easy that you really don't need to worry about how to make your fighter "viable." Take Tomi if you want, or not. Dual-wield with or without all the proper feats. You'll have no problems hitting most enemies. Getting hurt? Just drink one of the 8,000 potions you'll find in every stinkin' chest and barrel in the game.

If traps annoy you, take the monk henchmen. His Improved Evasion makes him essentially immune to all traps. Just have him run around punching trapped chests.

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Aye, Grimgnaw is good for 'dealing' with traps.

The Ring of Power is a bought item from the Temple that your companions respawn in. I believe that only a lesser one is available at first though.

8. Halucien Gems: 1/31

Aye, I know NWN is on a point buy system. Reroll in my own meaning means re-creating a new character. :p

And thanks for all the tips. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.