1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wtf I Hate Nwn!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by SlimShogun, Jun 24, 2002.

1. bp Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have:

800 mhz Athlon (T-bird)
    128 mb ram
    GeForce3 video
    etc

The game runs fine. I do get a little sound chop, and occasional slow downs, but it is quite playable. I went to 1024x768 with maximum video details, and it looks good!

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have an Intel Celeron 766Mhz, 256K Ram, and an Invidia GeForce video card...Some of the bigger areas, like Port Llast and the Neverwinter City Core have been a little slow, but otherwise...the game has been fine!

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have a 650MHz Athlon, 320 MB RAM, ELSA Gladiac-721 GF-3 64 MB-DDR and a fast 7.200 rpm hdd and a good motherboard.

NWN runs flawless on max detail setting for me :)

4. Laertiades Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

lol

I bought a new PC for this game...

5. wylo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The video card is the problem. I had to sell mine and get a radeon 8500. not that im complaining, but it was a pain in the ass.

6. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] lol...i hate it when your computer sucks and youve been waiting for the game for a freakin long time. it has happened to me...but now i have a better computer that could kill al of yours just by turning on.

7. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] The system specs are not the only things to worry about.
    if you computer meats specs then problems may be with other crap on your computer.
    could be you need to update drivers.
    or close down programs that will slow down your game.
    things like ICQ and Real player as well as piles of other programs will mess with games becuase they are programed sloppy and take up more resources then they really need. (*note* things like this start when you boot up, unless you have gone out of your way to stop them from doing so they start up and then hide in the background taking up resources and slowing your computer down.)
    close all things you don't need running when you play :)
    this is usually the first thing tech support will tell you too.
    set all graphix settings to fast mode.
    defrag your hard drive
    run scan disc

basicly clean up your PC from all the excess crap that most people have running.
    the closer your Computer is to the actuelly min req specs the more likely simple things like cleaning your computer up will help.
    Clear your desktop too cause if you have a pile of shortcuts on your desktop it WILL slow your computer down.
    most people wont even notice the difference but if you are running on the edge of what is required then you may.
    The OS you use also makes a difference.
    Windows 98 and windows 2000 will run Neverwinter better then Windows Xp or Windows ME
    because they handle memory better and have less GUI stuff messing around in the background.
    Windows ME is a nightmare it has thousands of bugs and gliches and really doesn't manage ram at all.
    Windows XP is not too bad if you configure it but as a default it will require alot more RAM and processer time as well as other resources.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I agree, of course it is necessary to close down any programs running in your background - since a lot of them tend install themselves in the autostart. I always reduce the programs in the autostart to the anbsolute minimum, thanks to that my comp runs smooth and starts fast.

9. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Same thing happened to me. All ya gata do is upgrade your video card driver. Just go to the video cards site. You can upgrade it and that will fix it mostly. Then get the patches set the right color and set all stuff to minimum. The game menu will run fast stuff will load fast but the game will lag. I just need more RAM and my comp would work fine. To bad I wont b allowed to upgrade my comps ROM.

Oh well just do this and you can play the game pretty good. My prosessor is realy fast so the areas load realy good and fast but its my dang RAM. Upgrade your video card driver to the latest version by a download and you will be good. The game will still lagg probley.

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmmm....my PC is more than 3 years old now, although there have been some upgrades. NWN runs pretty well (other than a few slow downs) and I'm running it on a PII 350 MHz, 192 RAM, and an ATI Xpert 2000 video card. I didn't need to change any of the settings for NWN, and as I said, I haven't had any real problems.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.