1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Portraits

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Drizzt, Jul 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drizzt Banned

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, just based on the other titles this company has had a hand in, I'd say yes. So far all Bioware games have let you import your own custom portraits, so I don't see any reason you couldn't do it. I hope they do allow it as the NWN portraits I've seen so far have absolutley sucked.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I hate to disappoint you, but no. Not unless you'll shrink them down, but most won't look that good after.
    The game will ship with more than 100 portraits, though. Or was it more than 150? I don't remember exactly, but a huge number to choose from.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Hmmm....well that's not good. I guess I'll just have to find a new portrait for my character, but I suppose I could always just shrink one down. That isn't too hard. But then the portraits shiped (such a huge number!...must have learned from all the complaints from the community over lack of pictures ;)) at least should be given a chance. I might even find a better one for myself with such a huge selection.

5. ayecapitan Guest

Hypersnap makes exellent downscales of images, so 'tis not a problem to convert any BG2 portrait into NWN, if the only thing that matters is size.

6. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hey Tal or Darien, do you have an official Bio pixel size X by Y for NWN pics? Wouldn't mind getting started on some piccys.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nope...
    The big ones are 220x340 on NWN homepage, but that doesn't mean anything.

8. Drizzt Banned

i got another question, mostly concerning BG2 but the best place to leave a forum is here, my question is where can i find the NPC portraits in teh BG2 files? i would like to use sarevoks' picture as my own but i cant find them

9. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] If you have ToB, shoot a screenie and cut a picture of Him.
    If you dont have ToB, ask someone who has it to shoot a screenie and send you the pictures.

10. Drizzt Banned

it wont be the right size

11. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Drizzt, don't start questions about other games here. Go to the BG2 forum and ask it there.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 16, 2001).]

12. Drizzt Banned

hey, it had to do with both games, NNW mainly, so shove it!

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Oh I can't wait to see Tal's response to that one. Come on now, what was the purpouse of telling the site owner to shove it? Is there really anything to be gained there?

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh boy. Very bad form to come into someone's house tracking mud and then tell them to shove it when they ask you to clean up your act.

As to your second question being about "NNW mainly", you yourself said "...mostly concerning BG2...", so you should have asked that question on the BG2 forum. It really had nothing to do with NWN at all.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Drizzt, such an idiot but wearing such a proud name... The IOTW plaque for the week is yours.

16. ayecapitan Guest

'Twould be about time to close this one :)

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I question the good intents of that last post, Drizzt, but, ah well. Anyway Tal, good job on the idiot of the week thing. But, just remember as happened to me on other sites, just make sure they deserve it, as some people can't take a joke (that'd be me actually-Syl sucks BTW ;)). Mind you, Drizzt very readily deserves it :p

18. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Well this guy sure deserves it... I should probably add "How One Should Act When IOTW" to the FAQ. He doesn't seem to get it.

Drizzt, I deleted your crap post. But if you make any such again, consider yourself banned. The purpose of IOTW plaque is that next time you think before you post. You obviously still aren't using your brains much.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 18, 2001).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.