1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone besides me like this game?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by fade, May 4, 2003.

1. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

First of all I am new here, so hello all/

I personally am having alot of fun with this game using my 1ranger/3fighter/3rogue. Only in Chapter 1 right now but oh well I am trying to figure out why alot of people seem to dislike this game. Only thing that irritates me is the fact that some of the cool options are gone, like buying ale, and sleeping at an inn. Maybe I am just to much of a newbie to care though.

2. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You're not alone fade. This game ROCKS. It's one of the best CRPG's I've ever played.

And welcome to SP(Sorcerer's place).
    :wave: :roll: :rolling:

3. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Welcome!

So far it looks good, sounds good, but unfortunately, I don't know if it plays good. Due to..... problems with my computer, I can't play it very well. I'm sure it's got to be good, though, as that's all I've really heard about it.

Just a side note, I was playing BG1 yesterday and ran into Lord Foreshadow who mentioned Ribald and Neverwinter. Foreshadowing indeed!! The next two games were prophesied in the first.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I like it, but only when in "mod" since the OC kinda suck after chap 1 it's all about 4 area, 4 boss 4...

5. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

I really like it, it has a nice story, AD&D 3e rules and nice graphics. Of course it's not perfect ,for example there isn't a party or you can't really control your henchman. But I don't think that that really makes the game that bad :) .

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I like it. I wish there were a couple of missions or more stories you could do though, it gets boring after 1 play through :(

7. BigStick Gems: 13/31

Actually, that's why there's 2000+ user mods out there for you to play. That should keep you from being bored for a while. That is, unless you try downloading them all at once! ;)

8. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

There are so many user mods out, that you don't know wich are good, and besides, it's no fun to download this mods with a 56k-modem ;) .

9. BigStick Gems: 13/31

Well, they say patience is a virtue.... Besides, not all of the mods are that big. I've downloaded several on my 56K modem.

There are a number of places where you can look to see which mods are recommended. I'm sure that there are people here who have their own favorites.

Multiplayer is not bad with a dial-up connection either. More important than your connection is the overall computer speed. I've noticed that I take much longer than most people to make area transitions. If we both enter at the same time, or even if I enter first, the other character is off down the road before I can even see again. It is better now that I have upgrade parts of my PC, but some people still blow me away. :(

10. BossBandor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi everbody! I'm new here! I liked the Official Campaign in NWN. It's just that it didn't have the depth of BGII, the unique characters, who had very different personalities and also the story. NWN has good graphics, and lots of potential.
    You should check out an awesome module called Lone Wolf, it focuses alot more on roleplaying and character interaction similar to a Lucasarts adventure game, but there is enough combat. That kept me up for quite a while in the evening.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whoah! LucasArts? Just like Lucas 'Monkey Island' Arts? Now I'm interested! You'd better give me the link to that Lone Wolf-Mod or NEVERMORE you'll be able to find socks that match!! ;)

I like NWN. I got the feeling it's a bit more roleplaying then the other games. 'Strategy' comes to mind when I'm playing partybased games. 'Character' when I'm playing NWN.

Welcome, both BossBandor and fade. :) You two made a good impression to me: Finally someone who asked who likes NWN after a list of threads asking for the opposite, and for mentioning LucasArts in your first posts. ;)

12. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Just Copy Alexander the Great's post and put it here. well most of it, but Yeah NWN is one of my favorites, So far The only game I didnt like on SP was PoR. The rest are amazing!

13. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

There are lots of great modules out there, many much better than the official campaigne. Just go to NWVault.com and look at the best rated and hall of fame mods.

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Master of Nuhn, the LoneWolf modules are all in nwvault's hall of fame. Check there.

I can't say that I dislike the game. It certainly hasn't drawn me in like BG did, but I don't have as much free time as I used to either.

NWN was fairly enjoyable, and there's enough good MP and SP-modules out there to hold interest for a while.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.