1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I lost my HotU CD Key...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Freya, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Freya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello,

After spending hours on the bioware site trying to find my cd key I've failed. It seems they only register your game with cd keys and not store them. I have lost my game manual for Hotu and would really like to play online.

If anyone can help me get a cd key that works online or would like to trade a cd key that would be good.
    or

If anyone only plays offline... I could really use a CD key... I really wanna get in the game and roleplay.

thank you,

sarah

[ March 13, 2005, 22:43: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

In your Neverwinter Nights folder there should be an .ini file called nwncdkeys.ini. Opening this in notepad will display your cd keys.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you registered your game and/or expansions online with BioWare you can retrieve your CD keys from https://accounts.bioware.com/my_account/nwncdkey.html

Strangely though, I don't see my original NWN CD key displayed there, it just says "Your CD key is registered". The keys from both expansions do show fully though. Curious... Maybe I didn't actually register the game via my forums account there and it got added automatically when I created an account in the game, and it doesn't show the actual key if you do it this way. I don't really remember... But I do know I registered both expansions to get access to those BioWare forums, and those two CD keys do show on that page.

4. Solis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

They only used to validate them, now they validate and store them, which would explain why only the expacks are shown...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.