1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So I just got NWN Diamond....

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Kitrax, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, I'm a seasoned BG2 player...and I just got NWN Diamond (it's the DVD version of the game that's supposed to have *everything* for those who don't already know...). Anyway, the box it came with had the DVD, and a 10 page quick startup guide.

I only know a little about HotU and SoU... I have no idea what 'Kingmaker' is. I know they are the 'official' mods, but that's about it. I'm almost willing to do a repeat of what Harbourboy did on his first run-through of BG2...

When I finish downloading/installing the official patch (v. 1.68), and start a new game, are HotU, SoU, and KM accessible from the main game, or do I have to finish the original NWN game before I can start playing the mods?

Also, the buit-in update thingy just aborted, so I have to download the Critical Rebuild Program to get the patch. Can I delete the 74MB progrgram once it's done patching the game? :rolling:

[ January 22, 2007, 11:36: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

2. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Well, I don't know about the Diamond version, but you can start a new campaign in either of the 2 expansions with a new character. So I would think it's the same for the Diamond version...

I never heard of a version that requires a completion of the OC to be able to start HotU or SoU.

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

You don't have to finish OC to play any of the others.

In SoU you start as level 1 with a different character than OC. That character can be imported to HotU as can your character from OC.

But you can start a new character in HotU as you like. It will automatically be leveled up to level 15.

From a role playing view, your character in HotU is the one from SoU.

In Kingmaker you start as a new character on level 1.

All of them are accessible from the main game menu, so you can play what you want, in the order you want.

You should be able to delete the program after patching.

Have fun! :)

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Gah! Too many Sp members have NWN portraits! :eek:

Making my character was hard...every time I found a cool portrait, I though to myself, "No, that's what's his name from SP..." So I start the game and some of the first people I meet are Apeman and Aldeth the Foppish Idiot! What are the chances? :p

I went for a Undead Hunter for my first run-through of the game. Once I get a good feel for the game, I'll probably start a new game as a sorcerer. :rolling:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Have fun, Kitrax. Everything Ironhawk said sounds valid to me.

General consensus (and I agree) is that SoU -> HotU is more fun than the original campaign but different people have different views. Certain annoying things about the OC can be amended with mods so bear that in mind as you are going through.

Don't expect too much from your henchmen. The best NWN henchman is probably worse than the worst BG2 NPC so don't get your expectations up too high in that regard and you won't be disappointed. The best NWN henchman can be found in SoU and especially HotU. He is the only one that rivals any BG2 NPCs for entertainment value.

I have never played Kingmaker.

Agree with your comments re NWN portraits. I can never bring myself to be rude to the characters that have Taluntain's old portrait.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.