1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Maximum Level reached!!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by NkkRams, Oct 26, 2002.

1. NkkRams Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've just passed to chapter 3 and I've already have reached maximum level!! I'm a Ranger(16),Rougue(2) and Wizard(2)... Is 20 the maximum level that a charater can reach or is this a bug??
    I believe this was rather quick and I'm a bit disapointed if this is the maximum level in a game with such lenth(I don't know how to write "longetivity"?!) :confused:
    Please help me and give me some guidance!
    My version of NWN is 1.10
    Thanks

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Level 20 is indeed the maximum, as the D&D rules at the time NWN was made only went that high. The current version of NWN is 1.26

[ October 26, 2002, 19:58: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

3. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Are they gonna come out with a cap remover or something? because level 20 sounds kinda low....

4. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had anticipated them following the same route as BG2 with their upcoming expansion pack, adding support for higher levels and whatnot, but that does not seem to be the case. Regardless, there is not much that can stand in your way at level 20.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wow, I went through the whole game without maxing out!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The second expansion should lift the XP cap, but not the first one.

7. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

How do people manage to max out. I completed the game with, completing almost every quest, and I think I just reached level 18. I've been playing through again recently and I'm not sure I will make 18 this time (I am about 11 or 12 and soon to enter the Hightower in Luskan)

8. Drakkon Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Hmm how did you manage that? I was level 14 I believe when I finished the game.

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm level 8 right now (druid) and i'm in the first chapter. I recovered two agents for the cure by now. So i expect to reach max 'till the end of game.
    Though i hve been playing without hanchman and mostly without animal companion (except for hard battles). And for the last level up i've been using a bug(possibly) in Rumblebottom's estate(IIRC) when he calls for guards every time you speak to him. 4 guards per call + Call lightning spell = 4 dead guards and XP. plus one of them regulary drops arrows of poison - very nice money.
    And now i've got Deserd Wind scimitar :eek: :D

10. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Don't know if this should be a new thread, but it corresponds to the last post. Does having a henchman lower the experience you get because it gets split between the two, or is it the same?

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's Lonevity. So you were almost right.

[Heh, and you were almost right too: It's longevity, not lonevity :) - BTA]

[ December 27, 2002, 04:42: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

12. hihihi1314 Gems: 1/31

So if you use henchmen you get less XP? How much harder is it without henchmen if this is the case?

13. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] AFAIK you should get more XP having a henchman, sice it is always one level lower than thou.
    Basicly all your party member level is counted together and it canculates average lvl of the whole party. Then accordingly to that it gives you apropriate number of xp.

But that doesnt work at all. I'm level 10 and i cast Animal summoning lvl1, Then i get a badger lvl4 IIRC and i should get more XP which doesnt happen.
    Unless i'm mistaken in a concept of xp system tzhis one doesnt work.

14. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I maxed out my level with a monk (solo) by the end of the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.