1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some weapon questions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Christian, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I have some little questions.

1. Can you use weapon finesse with the scimitar/rapier? and IIRC the critical range are 18-20 for these weapons.

2. If I'm right in no 1. with the improved critical feat the critical range become 15-20 right?

3. and if 1 and 2 are correct, if you are a lvl 7 weapon master. you have another +2 for critical range. so it would become 13-20? Would be very powerful.

4. You can do sneak attack with a rapier right? Is it the same thing for the scimitar?

[ December 16, 2003, 20:55: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

And here are some little answers:
    1) Weapon Finesse works with Rapier but not with Scimitar, the critical hit range is correct.

2) yes

3) yes although if you plan to use it with weapon finesse you should remember that your dexterity bonus is added to To Hit but not to damage, so more criticals with a weapon that doesn't deal much damage isn't all that great IMHO.

4) You can sneak attack with any weapon. But sneak damage isn't multiplied by a critical hit.

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You also might be able to get a keen weapon, and depending how the game engine adds and multiples everything you would probaly get a threat range of 10-20. Of course you have to remember that these weapons only do 1d6 damage for 2x damage, and there are enemies that are immune to critical hits and sneak attack.

4. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Dual wield keen rapiers with Dev/OW Critical and everything described above and you will be critical hitting every other hit and every time the enemy will have to make a save or die. This makes every battle much too easy except for the critical immune monsters.

5. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@fade

with the weapon master, you gain at (I don't remember which level) a +1 to the critical X like a X 2 critical will be X 3. so X 3 would not be too bad. oh and, where can you find a keen scimitar???

@to eveyone

Would it better to fight with two scimitar or with only one (less feats to take) become weapon master earlier and better ac. I don't know what to do...

HOTU should arrive for me today :) finaly!!! and I'm planning to play from nwn, then soh, and after hotu :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.