1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

In relate to BG...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Malleq, May 21, 2003.

1. Malleq Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I haven't been playing Neverwinter Nights! But however, it does interest me since I read the text that comes in between load times i Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows Of Amn... It said that it is possible to load your character from BGII into Neverwinter, and extend your journey that way.
    What I was wondering was, what level do you start on? And is Neverwinter just a little bit similar to BG?

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I may be mistaken now. Yes, I guess after installing Throne of Bhaal, the text says, you can import the character into NWN. But in fact, that is not possible. Because the games are too different. BG is 2nd Ed., NWN is 3rd Ed. And the whole playing concept is different. I am not sure about it, but if I remember correctly, it is not possible to import a character from BG2 into NWN. At least I never did so.

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I haven't found a way to import my characters from BG2 to NWN, and I don't think this is possible, because BG2 uses 2E rules and NWN 3E rules. Also at the end of ToB you could be lvl. 40 as fighter, and the maximum lvl. in NWN is 20. So I really don't think you can import your characters ...
    Well, NWN compared to BG2 ... :(
    In NWN you haven't got a party ! Only a poor Henchman, who you can't properly controll. So you have only one character to develope and the dialouges with your Henchman are really poor ...
    NWN has a nice story, but nothing special.
    All in all it's a nice game and if you haven't anything to play I would suggest you buy it (of course through Sorcerer's Place ;) )

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That text in BG2 saying that you can import your character into NWN is all lies and propaganda; it was never implemented, so you cannot do it in reality.

As these others have stated though, it was never a good idea to begin with...

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Lies! Vicious, dirty lies!

But, you can travel to Baldur's Gate in ALFA. You start in Beregost...It's uncanny how similar it is to the original BG game!

6. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Blackthorne TA:

From what I know it's not really a lie. It was supposed to be implanted but there was no meaning because of the fact that the games uses different rules.

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Maybe it wasn't an outright lie, but it was purely irresponsible of them to promote the idea when they hadn't even built the engine or likely gotten ahold of a hard set of 3rd edition rules at the time. They had no idea if they even could do it, so if nothing else, it was purely irresponsible advertising and hype. And I'm sure there are people who actually bought the game knowing little of it but fully expecting to import their protagonist from the BG series and continue their adventures. So I say shame on Bioware for hyping something like that in BG2's load screen when they didn't even know if they could deliver.

8. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

And now when they do, why not patch the game so that messange never comes up again?

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Why not simply ignore the message whenever it comes up?

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Why not simply file a class action suit for misrepresentation and clean up?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.