1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Poll: Shadows of Undrentide ... Will You Buy It?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Mathetais, May 13, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Reading the GameSpot overview of this game made me question whether or not I'm going to buy the expansion. Until then, it was more or less a done deal ... new game, I buy it.

My concerns are:
    1) I won't play any of the Prestige Classes, except maybe the Arcane Archer
    2) Its only 20 hours of additional game play (they listed the original as 60 ... and that seemed to go fast!)
    3) Again, you are searching for 4 items ... I'm wondering if there will be 4 map areas, 4 dungeons, and 4 bosses :rolleyes:

What do you think?

[Edit ... if you plan on buying it, for question "2" just pick other ... sorry...can't edit Poll's]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 35 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Poll: Shadows of Undrentide ... Will You Buy It? (35 votes.)

Shadows of Undrentide ... Will You Buy It? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 60% (21)
    * No - 40% (14)

Why Not? (choose up to two) (Choose 1)
    * I Hated the Original Single-Player Game - 26% (9)
    * Not Enough Game Time - 11% (4)
    * The Story Doesn't Sound Compelling - 11% (4)
    * Don't Like the New Prestige Classes - 3% (1)
    * Other (Please Specify) - 49% (17)

Will You Buy Future Expansions? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 37% (13)
    * No - 23% (8)
    * I'll Have To See What is Planned - 40% (14)

2. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I will buy the expansion for sure, sure the expansion will only be average, but I really need a new Rpg to play ;)

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It depends on the price, and if I have time and will to play it.

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That's the exact same for me. Need new RPG to play. But I am a lot more optimistic. The Add-On story can only be better. There is no other alternative. It can only be better. And new features. I really like to see new features.

Wishful thinking

5. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Considering the single player story in the first game was awful and there are better free ones to download over the internet, where's the incentive to buy the expansion? You're basically spending money for an expansion when there are free expansions already out there.

I think I'll give it a miss unless I hear lots of amazing things about it on this forum. I'm certainly not going to be swayed by reviews of it because most reviewers lied through their teeth about how good the original game was.

6. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I didn't think that the OC was that bad. Of course, I wasn't expecting it to be something that it was not designed to be. I believe that the goal that Bioware was attempting to reach while designing NWN was to create an RPG that uses the PC as a medium rather than pencil, paper, and face-to-face interation. In that, I think they have succeeded, to a somewhat limited extent.

Just like it's not a lot of fun to sit for hours and play through a boxed adventure by myself, playing NWN only in single player campaigns leaves out much of the experience and fun.

I will buy this expansion, not solely for the new single player game, but for the additional tools that will be provided that will allow for more expansive multiplayer games. It will allow me to play any single player modules that are created using the new resources and, more importantly, to play in any multiplayer games that use the new resources.

Just my 2 coppers. :)

7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] From the Gamespot preview:
    What a pile of BS! It stinks to high heaven! :mad:

8. Charlie Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I'll wait first and see what Sephiroth says. :D

9. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, I will buy it. I'm always a sucker for expansion packs for games that I like. I will admit that during chapter one of the game I became EXTREMELY bored with it and stopped playing. But when a friend of mine was talking about something in chapter two, I decided to slog through chapter one just to see what was in chapter two and I got sucked in hard and fast. And now that everyone in my gaming group has the game, we are planning a big LAN party game, which leads into me new topic...

10. Bhaerau Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I will definetly buy it. It is true that there are a lot of good modules (even surpassing the OC) but many of the future modules will be made with the expansion and therefore require the expansion to play.

And besides that I'm a NWF (NeverwinterFanatic) :D

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Probably, but maybe not. Right now I'm in the middle of several other RPGs, so I'm not planning too hard either way. Of course it will also depend on what other people say about it, how good it is and such.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yep, i'll probably buy it ... adventally, after the price drops a bit, well i guess it depends how much it costs when it first comes out.
    But i can't own a game and not own the expansion, even if i don't like the game.
    :) strange i know, but hay thats me :)

13. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I will buy the expansion, but more or less for the new stuff that will be enabled for the builder, new spells, monsters, petrification rules, etc.

The new storyline sounds so dull, used and boring. I don't expect anything good to come from that. Four missing artifacts... I wonder if that will lead to 4 different areas to search for... etc... etc... bleh.

14. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I whont buy it bacause I didn't enjoy the original at all.

Lone live Baldur's Gate.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

hmmm ... I'm a bit of a druid fan, and that sounds dang cool! I can only imagin the side-quests a bunny or squirrel could come up with. :D

"Elmer the Fudd is coming with his crossbow. Can you please hang these "duck season" signs over the "rabbit season" ones, so he'll kill Daffy instead of me???"

16. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Of course I'll buy it. I found the original game enthralling, so why not buy the expansion? :)

I heard something about another expansion besides Shadows of Undertide. Is it official? I forgot the name but it has to do with underdark I think.

17. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah its called, "Hordes of the Underdark"

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm in! I love playing multiplayer in ALFA! Several of the new additions are already present in the game (at least I think they are) So, I'll be picking it up as they come out!

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Its gone gold baby!

You know what that means ... we can close this poll and open a "past tense" one ("HAVE you bought" instead of "WILL you buy")

It's the little things that keep me going.

20. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I have to buy it. I can't well build the northern continent of the PW I play on while keeping the hak managable without it. I personally bet money the actual campaign will be sad. What can they actually do with 20 hours? And my faith has not been bolstered by browsing the official forums every now and again. I will say I anxiously await the additional in game resources and the 1.30 database patch that's shipping with it. I see good possibilites with this expansion, much like the origional game. But I'm also not expecting much with whatever boxed little tidbit of a campaign they throw in either. Maybe my low expectations will be exceeded. Who knows.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.