1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[HotU] It's alive! Alive!!! ...not

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tressym, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm down in the Maker's sanctum. I spoke the password to get there, but the Maker still ended up attacking me, so now he's notably deader than he was before. So how do i use his golem-maker? I wanna make a body for Enserric, and i used the thingie found on the Maker's corpse to unlock the machine, but now anything i put in there {other than the control amulet, which is already there} is rejected. So where do i get the golem parts?

2. DanSkibo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You have to be a fifth level sorcerer or Wziard before you will be able to make the golem ... if you're not your out of luck. If youare you'll find golem parts scattered around in various places

Hope that helps

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If you are a wizard then you can't help but trip over the golem parts all over the place. The golem is great. He laid waste to the whole mindflayer enclave all by himself whilst I sat in the corner and filed my nails.

4. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Oh freaking hell!
    *breakes down sobbing*
    Any chance i'll get enough experince to get five levels of wizard or sorcerer before the chapter ends, so that i can still make the golem?
    And if yes, then which should i take? Wizard or sorcerer?

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If you already have no wizard levels then I very much doubt if you could get enough and come back.

6. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Bummer. Are there similarily also quests in HotU only a rogue can complete?

Also, what is the controll room in the upper ruins for? Each of two side monitors makes a shiny rod in the air, and the central panel tries to hit you with electricity. Can this thing be used for anything?

7. DanSkibo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yes ... it can be used for something

One of the books, indirectly, explains what it's good for ... think translating what a couple of highly annoying things repeat over and over and over again :)

8. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You're kidding! I never knew that the golem bit existed...I thought maybe it was something the designers had wanted to make but never got around to finishing. My rogue-cleric and rogue-paladin were able to pry open the machine with Use Magic Device but couldn't get anything to work (not having any golem parts on hand to stitch together).

9. Harbourboy

It's a real bonus for Wizards. The golem is a good enough tank that a Wizard doesn't really need another other henchmen or summons (but they can do, because the Golem conveniently does not count as a Summon.)

10. Eva Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

what is the Golem good for? can you keep it after you make it?

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I've no idea how i've missed the whole golem construction thingy when i went through the place with a wizard. It would've been fun, having a construct along you. Kinda adds more fun to the whole concept of playing a mighty arcane user. Only needing 5 levels of the class, it does seem a bit low, i'd sooner make it about 15 or so.

If the golem is destroyed, can it be summoned again?
    And.. can you give him healing potions?
    I assume you can use healing kits on him, however absurd it sounds... bandaging a metal golem with cotton fabric.

12. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I cannot be summoned again, as far as I know.
    As for repairing, I can't remember, but you can give it the regeneration ability while building it.

13. Brolly6565 Gems: 1/31

Not sure if this has been asked before but, When in the the maker ruins theres a guy in the middle of the room and a trap that i can't seem to get past to talk to him. Do you half to have a rogue to do this couse none of the other henchmen can get it.

14. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You have to have fairly high Disarm Trap (and Open Lock I assume) or Animal Empathy, which allows you to talk the rat into unlocking the door for you.

It has nothing to do with the golem. It merely lets you get past those 2 adamantium golems without a fight.

The golem you can build is incredibly powerful. You can customize him based on which spells you choose to cast while building him. On top of that you can cast 3 spells on him after he's created. He stores these and uses them in fights on enemies.

I actually found him to be too powerful. Like HB said above, you kind of just sit back and let him kill everything that moves. It gets a little boring and he soaks up XP too. After awhile, you just want him to go away.

15. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Until you get to the dracolich. Then the golem is trash.

16. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Brolly: It's not a guy, but a suit of armor wiyh a helmet. There is a hidden lever between the column and the wall oposite to the door through which you entered. Not sure what the DC to spot that lever is, but if you do, pulling it will deactivate the trap.

17. Brolly6565 Gems: 1/31

thank you ya just fond out like 2 days ago it was armor but have not found lever

18. Tressym Gems: 5/31

You gotta stand between that column and that wall for a while, in Detect mode or whatever it's called {when you actively make search, spot and listen checks}. Try taking potions of Owl's Wisdom to boost those skills up... though mayb it just takes a rogue

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.