1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is the exit of the first dungeon?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Crono1000, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crono1000 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I know nobody liked this game but I'm kinda enjoying, but my nerves are being tested because I've spent hours in a single dungeon AND I WANT OUT! It's amazing that a game with the biggest dungeons I have ever seen can move so slooooowly. Anyway, under the oddball chance that anyone will ever visit this thread where is the exit to the first dungeon? It's just too big for me to craaaawl from one end to the other just to find another dead end. The faq here is hard to follow after I've done so much in the dungeon in my own order already. Thx for the help.

Also, I downloaded the POR speed control utility here at SP but I can't figure out where to adjust the speed of the game. I've downloaded the latest one, extracted it, and clicked installspeed.bat but I don't know where now to speed the game up. Any help here would be great, thanks.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The short answer is through the seal of mythannor. The long answer is too painful to bear. But, it involves enless back and forth questing, numerous ridiculously boring battles, many game crashes, finding the skeletal arm with the ring of calling, opening up the Rhonglyn room to get to the wizard's area with the talking sidekick skull and more crap that I care to (or can) recall at the moment.

I actually am shuddering at the memory of this game and will now seek therapy.

3. Crono1000 Gems: 1/31

LOL i seriously don't understand why people hate this game so much, I'm thoroughly enjoying it! Thx for the help, I guess I'll just have to keep checking each and every knook and crany until I get the heck OUT OF HERE!!! Any more advice more specific? Oh, and I also found out how to use the speed control program. So nevermind that.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    More seriously:

Have you visited the seer and his sidekick skull?

Do you have the skeletal arm?

Do you know where the seal of mythannor is?

If the answer is "no" to any of these, you have more work to do.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

The best exit is exactly that. Quit the game. Uninstall it. Grab a shotgun and a plate launcher. Have someone put the CD in the launcher. Yell "Pull!". Aim the shotgun at the spinning shiny thing. Pull the trigger. Congratulations, you've defeated the dungeon.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, before I see any more of that, I should say that the only people who should post here are those actually willing to answer the poster's questions. Bashing the game isn't helping him any, and besides, it's been done ad nauseam here already.

7. Crono1000 Gems: 1/31

haha, are you kidding? I think it's funny people hating on the game. I don't mind defending it, I'm truly enjoying myself :D

8. Mr. Clean Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I have just started getting into it and am enjoying it as well! I liked the SSI Goldbox series in the 80's, and this game is somehow similar.

When I reach the first dungeon and find a way out, I'll post the answer here. ;)

9. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

DMC spoke the truth, the first dungeon, (which isn't a dungeon, its a city, literally) takes up 85% of the game. Most of the game will take place doing errands in there (maintenance, fix the teleporter, find the arm, kill the guardian, put the ghosts to rest, etc.).

When you finally do get out, its such a relief, there's actual color, and different monsters to fight. Of course, then the errands take you back into the dungeon to previously inaccessible areas.

I have to say, in retrospect, its the only game I've played, where revealing the entire map actually makes it harder to get around.

10. Crono1000 Gems: 1/31

really? I have to go back? BLAH! I fully understand how revealing more of the map makes it harder to get around. It's like a freakin' maze.

Anyway, turns out i wasn't just not out of the dungeon, I was still on THE FIRST FLOOR! I had actually gone to every room in the Main Halls accessable except for that one little corner I overlooked that gets you out to the Halls of Stone. Then after a few hours I got out altogether and was THRILLED to see the sky again.

I couldn't imagine going through this game without the speed patch here. Mr. Clean, if you haven't downloaded it yet, I HIGHLY recommend that you save yourself the heartache and download it. These are the largest dungeons I've ever seen on the slowest game I've ever played. You will get lost.

11. Mr. Clean Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the advice! I will go get the speed patch now.

These Forums Rock! :D

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is complete spam, but I'm sick and tired of seeing that winking smilie and Mr. Clean's name every time I go to the main page (nothing personal, Mr. Clean ;) ).

So now we can all bask in the wonderfulness of "Splunge" for awhile. :xx: :roll: :rolling: :spin:

:rolleyes:

13. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think "David w" has a nicer ring to it personally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.