1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you really hate this game?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Peleran the Bard, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Sixmoons Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Booo ! This game realy sucks. I can't believe I spent so much money on this title and waited in so much anticipation. I didnt have any bug problems and it runs fine on my computer however - ITS BORING ! - I've never played such tedious piece of crap before. I've been role playing for donkeys years (Pen & Paper and CRPGs) but RoMD aint worth the time (or money).

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Since i bought it from the USA(im in denmark) i had to pay 800 kr , thats three times the normal price...... *cries*

*looks at POR*
    it is watching me...... i dont know how much longer i can take it!
    It is making my life a living hell!
    Im gonna...*voice trails off*

[ November 03, 2002, 02:07: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

3. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Let's get matters straightened out:
    1)First and foremost a game should be stable and the amount of bugs in it should NOT in any way be close to the population of a small african country.
    2)After stablity comes the matter of system requirements and the amount of memory the game takes up. Once again you don't want a game spread out over all you memory in a way that you can't even open your browser if you get stuck...

But after these issues, after all the pain and back ache of leaning over your screen trying to figure out if the install wants disc 34 or 96, after modifying your system completely down to the last setting, once all this torture is over, the game MUST be by all means at least playable by sane people, which means you shouldn't have to be on LSD to enjoy the damn thing!! :mad:

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You know, I actually got this game as a christmas present. I am carrying a certain amount of guilt that my brother spent $75 dollars Canadian on account of me. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to make a confession to a Catholic priest.

The reason is that if I were to actually express my personal feelings on the game (the engine, the bugs, the constant repetitiveness), I would get permanently booted off these forums for it.

5. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've never played it... but the way I see it, if it was really the bane of all gaming existance, Tal wouldn't have dedicated Bandwidth to it.

6. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] it took me almost 2 weeks to figure out that the game sucks :p
    I got to half way through chap 2 and really there was not much difference in any of the areas it's just mind numbing manotinous wandering. it takes forever to walk anywhere and the scenary doesn't seem to change. although it is very realistic roleplaying :) give it 9/10 points for being realistic but only 3/10 for fun :p
    the slow pace is what kills this game. smaller areas would greatly improve it. cause lets face it I don't want to watch my chars walk for 10 mins to cross an area that I cleared hours before.

7. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Apart from poor gameplay, and graphics that a two year old can draw up, it's still pretty bad.

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ok, apart from the way it doesn't let you walk 2 feet in one direction and then 2 feet in the other without deciding thats that persons turn over (manouvers anyone?), that monsters are allowed to walk through your party and no attacks of oppotunity are awarded, but if you do the same to a group of monsters you help the daisies grow, the instabilities, the incompatibilities and so on what is honestly wrong?
    Let's concentrate on the positive. It will teach programmers in ages to come how not to ever do a D&D game. 3rd ed rules they said, look at us they said. Oh sorry they said, it's release date is put back because we need to actually implement the 3RD ed rules. Bastard of 2nd and 3rd ed rules, only not as well done as in BG2 etc.
    In conclusion the only thing people should have the right to say about this game is: why? :confused: :confused: :confused:

(and yes i did give it a chance, and yes, i did pay £35 for it so yes I will be playing it through when I find the willpower not to get depressed thinking about the game)

9. Klonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] It could have been an awesome game. I hear the first game was really a good game, but it was just not made well. I spent about a week trying to give it a chance but it could not hold my attention.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I agree that this could be a brilliant game, after all, it is set in Myth Drannor, but the designers have completly screwed it up. I used to actually like Ubi Soft, but after this miserable failure...
    But I think I will at least try to finish it, at least until I get IWD2

11. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I LOATHE this game. I spent like 60 bucks on this crap. Took forever to install, kept crashing, none of the on-screen characters moved well, the interface was annoying.

The only good thing I liked about this collections edition thingy was the D&D module, dice with bag and the soundtrack. All of which I used with great delight recently when I started a D&D group again.

Gabriel

ps: anyone in NYC wants to join my group (we're looking for one more player in fact) email me.

12. Dolphin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

the game was way too boring, though i didnt have any bugs or crashes, it was just boring...thank god i got IWD2 before i finished this piece of sh...not so good software...
    but if u like dungeon crawling, this is the game for ya, and the engine doesnt look that bad, its just that 90% of the game is in the dungeon that looks exactly alike...

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Oh, c´mon; let the old veteran die in peace. It was probably quite good game... very, very looong time ago, so it doesn´t deserve this. After this topic has died out, perhaps Tal will remove this whole PoR: RoMD entry...?

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorry, tried that, he said that there might be items of interest buried in here :rolleyes:
    I'm yet to find any except complaints

15. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    no comment

[ January 10, 2003, 11:01: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.