1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My Dwarf is Regenerating???

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Rook, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Rook Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hello all!

I have noticed something really odd, at first i thought i was imagining it. My Dwarf Fighter/Thief is regenerating. I have a bard in my party, but she doesn't have the song that heals party members yet, and she usually isn't singing in between battles anyway. I also have a Paladin, do they have some kind of healing aura?

The Dwarf is level 3/3 in Fighter/Thief and I'm just at the start of Kresselack's tomb. He has some magic armour, Orcish Studded Leather. The description of the armour says it adds protection against missiles and lowers Charisma, it doesn't mention anything to do with health. Apart from that he has no magic items.

He has a constitution of 20, could this be doing it?

The regen isn't too quick, its 1 HP at a time, usually he heals 1HP right after a battle and then maybe another each minute after that.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yup. :wave:

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Super-human constitutions levels allow the character to slowly regenerate. Tis rather usefulas you should be finding out.

4. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

To be more precise 20 con allows regenerating one hitpoint every 6 rounds.
    This improves with higher con up to one hitpoint per round with 25 con.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Replace "round" with "turn" and you've got it. That doesn't mean that IWD follows the 2e rules, though.

6. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Question: Does a con of 19 add any regeneration? And if not, how did your dwarf (Rook) get a con of 20?

7. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Nope, 19 Con doesn't quite do it. In IWD there are items that grant bonus' to stats (either temporarily, while equipped, or permanently).

(offtopic... ooo Firefox 2.0 has a built in spellchecker, snazzy!)

8. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Example that nice 2hand axe that gives +1 con while equipped. very handy. Get it a Conlan near you today!

9. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I don't think this axe is worth it. You only regenerate 1 HP per combat, better AC for wearing a shield or doing more damage is more important. You can find so many magical axes in the game (especially in chapter4), better use the money for something more useful.

10. Rook Gems: 2/31

Hello again, its been a while since i checked in here and I just realised someone asked me a question :)

Deepfae, the way my Dwarf got 20 constitution is because I was using the 3e rules mod. I use the mod because I'm more used to IWD2s system than IWDs. In IWD2 Dwarves can get a constitution of 20 at character generation. But in IWD2 it doesn't make them regenerate. I wouldn't recommend using all the features of this mod, especially the xp tables as your char will lvl up waaaaaay too fast. But I like the character gen bit.

11. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

O.K. then that makes a lot more sense. IWD2 does let you get interesting (if a little crazy at times) character stats. It also removes the "what's the point of putting any points in con if anything between ten-and fifteen has no bearing on my character!" frustration.

12. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That is interesting since the 3E mod does not let you get regeneration for constitution 20+, as per the 3E stats rules.

13. Rook Gems: 2/31

lol, okay if what Raptor says is true, its still the mystery of the regenerating Dwarf!

I finished with the party long ago now though, lets let him RIP.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.