1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't Leave Dorn's Deep

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Farthy, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Alright, I just got the key for Gareth and the slaves, but my inventory is packed. So before I take on the salamanders I want to return to Kuldahar to sell stuff. However, I get to the cave where ettins and myconids are and at that first bridge in that map, I can't cross.

I tried sending the characters one by one but there just seems to be an invisible barrier blocking them. I tried using dimension door with my bard and that worked, but I need to get all of them over.

BTW, is there an easier way to return to Kuldahar from Wrym's Tooth without having to run through all this?

Thanks.

2. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Get out of the Wyrms Tooth Building and go to the northeast. Exit to next screen. You should find an almost direct passage to Kuldahar there, right outside the entrance to DornĀ“s Deep. Just go to the top or bottom of the screen (IIRC)

And there should be a book on repairing bridges in the room, where Gareth and the slaves are hiding. Use it on the bridge outside.

[ January 06, 2005, 08:06: Message edited by: Yulaw9460 ]

3. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have no answer for your bridge problem, but there's another way out. At the NE corner of Wyrm's Tooth, you'll find an exit. Take it, and you'll find yourself in a small area, at the NE corner of which is an exit to the World Map (and a couple of other exits you won't need until later). Good Luck.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Also, if you choose to free the slaves first, you will be able to use the door they escape through to get out of the glacier too.

5. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yes, rembember how you got to Lower Dorns Deep.

Just go to that map, and there will be an exit to the north ;)

6. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Thanks for the help. :)

Takara, which one is the door where the slaves leave through? I believe I have gone through it but it doesn't seem to lead out of the map.

I have also given the key to the slaves. I'm still wondering though, has anyone experienced this barrier problem? Because it is really really strange...

Or does that exit get blocked after being triggered by an event(ie giving the key)?

7. Gerrymander Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I remember trekking back through Dorn's Deep from the Frost Wyrm a number of times and nothing like this occured, so I don't think it's triggered. Why don't you try traveling to Dorn's Deep again via the world map, and see if you can cross the bridge from that side?

8. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I never experienced any barriers, so that is really odd.
    The round building with the tree doors is where you find the second exit.

Just go inside, and - if you freed the slaves - the middle door will be open, and leads you to the exit area.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    @Farthy

After you give the key to the slaves they leave their little kitchen bit. If you then exit, not up into the museum, but by the door you will come to another chamber. Here you will be attacked by some salamanders and wolves. The exits from this room are 1) to the outside 2) back to the kitchen bit 3) a large door that will exit you from the glacier.

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Farthy, that's some kind of bug with your game. You should be able to exit Upper Dorn's through the myconids/Dual Throne cavern.

But you can also punch through the area. On the far side of Wym's Tooth, there's a break to the world map. In the area with the broken bridge and all the ice trolls (the Worm's Tooth area) which you enter just after dealing with Terikan, you can exit the area to the north-east. Once you exit the Worm's Tooth area, you'll appear on the south side of a new area with two cavern entrances. One cavern leads to Lower Dorn's , you can walk all the way north, and the little ships-helm cursor will appear, indicating an exit to the world map. I call this area the Nexus.

A "faster" way of getting there is just after you free the slaves, and walk back out into the rotunda. You'll be attacked by some salmanders and wolves, but your key will unlock the middle door (three doors in the rotunda, and you just came out of the eastern door). That middle door leads to the the Nexus.

But I still think you have a bug in the game.

11. carl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

farthy can you play a game of Icewind Dale with me please

[Please don't post personal messages in a thread. Send a PM or email - BTA]

[ January 15, 2005, 00:02: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.