1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bronze Sentries after Lich

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Spider, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Spider Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] OK. I killed the Lich Terikan and sent him on his merry way to Hades. I've gotten the key from the dwarf at the Great Forge to open the doors to the Glacier.
    But how do I kill the two Bronze Sentries? I have tried it and can not deal enough damage to get through the doors. And I just hate leaving something unkilled in my wake.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Try to lure one out at a time. If you send a character down one side of the hall, and draw one away from the door, it should give you a chance to gang up on them one by one, increasing your chance of pasting them.

3. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Use Chromatic Orb on them, it will make them easy prey (if they fail safe, that is). Btw you should learn to kill them now, because you will have to deal with a lot of their kind later on.

4. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yes they are hard to kill... But keep on trying. I had to reload many times at that point... Even with my high-level 30+ party... :nono: Guess this is one of the hardest challenges in the whole game... :bang:

5. Spider Gems: 1/31

I agree this is a toughy. I did "play chicken" with one of them but still got a bad case of whoop butt. If at first you do not succeed - then get help - or get a bigger hammer.
    I'll try Chromatic Orb. Funny thing is I have never used it before. I even tried having my mage use Improved Invisibility and sneak up on one of them. They can still see her even before she casts a Fireball.

6. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I just used haste and a few summons to draw their attention. But I played solo, so my character was pretty powerful. Maybe it's harder with a party, dunno. But some buffs like mirror image, haste, stone skin if you have it did the trick for me.

7. Spider Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks Shire. Actually after I went online to this great web site I was able to play chicken and lure them into a trap. I softened each one up with some monster summoning and then made plow shares out of them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.