1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I Know I Shouldn't Cheat

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Elios, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I started a new campaign for fun. I basically just wanted to make a party of fighters (some dual classed) and just slash everything. This one is just kept in reserve to relieve stress. So I am not really serious about it.
    I am running IWD:HOW with Trials of the Luremaster installed too. I also have Project Auril installed.
    After I created my party, I hacked up all my stats with DaleKeeper. I then used the console to level up to godhood. Once I did that though, I lost all spell memorizing and casting abilities with my cleric and mage. No armor was doned yet either.
    Just wondering if it was Trials or Project Auril that caused that when I cheated? I've done it before goofing around with just HOW installed and experienced no problems. Any ideas?
    And please, no "you shouldn't cheat" replies. I'm just goofing around with the game.

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah.

No, I've run into the cast-memorize anything bug too.

I forget how I get around it, but I never have that problem anymore. I think it stem from how many spells you let your people memorize.I always level up to 30. And on Fighter/Mage/Thief guys, it takes something like 45 million XP.

I always set all my stats to 25. And I crank their resistances up to 98, except for "magic" which I leave alone. Healing spells, and whatnot.

You can "turn on" the spells in their spellbook, but you have to be real, real careful with how many spells you let them memorize. I think you can get away with 12. And I think it resets every time you rest (which is like once every 4 days, with level 30 guys. ;)

Extremist will know for certain.

3. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

cheating is cool. if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] You really can't be that god at the game if you cheat. You should at least beat the game before you cheat. I beat the game before I used the cheat codes. But yes, that same spell memorizing error happened to me also.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.