1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hardest battle

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Elvenblade, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] In the Heart of Winter expansion - fighting Icasaracht on Heart of Fury mode... 3 hours no cheating.

on IWD normally I'd say Yxonemei (sp) I didn't have any weapons that could do damage and kept having to run away and even had to go back to Kuldahar at one point.

3. Son of Moradin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I must say my hardest battle is the battle agains Brother Piquelin after he has transformed him self!!!

Or even the battle agains the Dragon and it´s sprirt in HoW!!!

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

All of those you have mentioned are easy. The hardest are against all the orcs in the beginning when you played thrue it the first time.

5. Bhaal's Drinking Buddy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

malavon on HoF qualifies as one of the hardest

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Heart of Fury automatically makes every single "normal" battle into an easy one.

With that said, when you first get thrown into Trials, with all those harpies that rush you. But now, I do Heart of Winter as soon as possible. Which would make it during or just after Dragon's Eye.

If I played through IwD first, then went to HoW, I'd have to say the Malavon battle is the toughest. It's tought to even get a hit in on those Iron Golems, and you have to have all your dispels ready to go for Malavon's stuff.

7. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can't remember the name of the guy who i thought was particularly tough. It's one of the battles in the hot firey place where all those salamandas are.
    It's one of the mages who has one of the 6 symbols you need. He has a couple of golems, and loads of innocent bystanders get slaughtered by the golems. It took me ages to work out a strategy for that battle.
    Once i had a strategy, the battle was REALLY easy, but before that, i thought i was never going to get throught it without losing most of my party.

8. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yxunomei was really hard, when I had 6-character party and almost none +2 weapons. But for my solo fighter/mage/thief she was easy (I killed Yx yesterday)

Those harpies were very hard in ToTL. I can imagine how hard they are in HoF.

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    HoF the Goblins in south Easthaven while playing solo :D . Havent played the rest in HoF,

but Yxunomei as easy, had her down in two arrowshot, both critical hits with +2 arrows :D

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would have to say when you were in Dragons Eye and had to fight the Lizard King and his army. I had no mages in my party becase lower level mages were extremely weak in combat and every time that I would go into combat they would die. So I go to fight the Lizard King and get destroyed. Then I beat hm after about the 20th time.

11. Kowalski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I remember entering some sort of tower when in the big cave with all the lava (directly after the ice salamander cave...). There was a bunch of archers there who where very difficult, since you couldn't get the party arranged in a way that didnt expose the weaker mages and such to enemy fire. I think they used arrows of piercing too... tricky indeed...

12. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Oh yeah, those are arrows of piercing; nasty little buggers.

Yxunomei - heh, the first time I fought her, I kinda just rushed into things...didn't have the magical weapons I needed and my tanks kept tripping traps and getting either held or confused.
    She was much easier in later times, though - my pure dwarven fighter practically single-handedly killed her the second time I fought her.

13. Halberd-Blue Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I still haven't beat the game (on chapter 6 though, want to beat it tonight!) but I felt the hardest battle was in Dorn's Deep through the bridged area where there are all those Drow and Orc Archers on the side... I think thats the only one where I had to reload more than twice so far... Of course I'm playing on normal mode with max hp per level... :aww:

EDIT:

OK I finally beat it! :D :D :D

Now I think Belhifet was the hardest battle. I had to reload like 5 times!! And then when I finally did beat him it was pretty cheap, by the time I got him to almost dead the only guy left was my bard, with those boots that make you run twice as fast on, and I ran around arrowing the last HPs to death :sosad:

It took like 20 minutes... Hieronymus did an awesome job tanking him while I killed the golems, I thought he would just plop to the ground but he had only lost like 20 hp by the time the golems were dead...

Now I just have to get IWD2 installed... Now I want the Icewind Dale soundtrack too, the Dorn's Deep music keeps playing in my head...

[ January 04, 2004, 06:42: Message edited by: Halberd-Blue ]

14. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think Behtifet on HoF mode. I could beat him but not without losing at least one party member. Usually the designated tank. The golems were pretty easy once you got the club that has a chance to slay them in one hit (I think it was obtainable from the HoW area).

Also having 2 Lover throwing daggers (once from regular pass through and another from the HoF game) helped.

15. Snitza Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd have to say it's a tossup between Kontik in the Frost giant cave and the drowned dead on the
    Burial Isle.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.