1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is the Priestess of Auril?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by kangster11, Aug 22, 2002.

1. kangster11 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is what I read in the walkthrough:

"You are to kill this Auril Priestess Lysan, but make sure when you accept the quest, that you take it fully and do not "look into it" or "think about it" as some of the dialog options will have. If you do the latter, the Auril Priestess will not be in the location when you go to look for her."

However, I have already chosen the wrong dialog and cannot find the Auril Priestess (note: I have already installed the latest patch). Does anyone know how to make her appear or do I have to restart the game from the beginning.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

[ August 22, 2002, 23:51: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's been a while, but can't you go back and go through the dialog again and say you will kill her instead of looking onto it?

3. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Lysan is one of the barmaids at the tavern in Kuldahar. She may still be there, but you probably shouldn't kill her in town.
    As mentioned above, you may have to reinitiate the dialog with Kresslak (sp?) and say you will kill her.

4. kangster11 Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the above response.

I have tried to reinitiate the dialogue with Kresslak and said I will kill her but no luck. Any other suggestions? Or will I have to resort to starting the game over :(

5. demoninside4evr Gems: 1/31

Hey! well, if u told him that u were gonna go kill her, than u realli shouldnt restart the game. Once you have told him that ur gonna kill her, than she'll be waiting to be killed that cave where all the yeits are!!! :bang:

6. kangster11 Gems: 1/31

Been to the cave where she is suppose to be - and she is not there. That's why I needed help in the first place.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Is the barmaid in Kuldahar still there? I never remember her not to show although I said that I won't do it or that I'll thik about it many times. Trying to talk to Kress again always helped.

8. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Is Lysan still at the tavern? If so, try talking to her and see what dialog threads you get. This is just a wild shot in the dark, but maybe it will help trigger the event. Otherwise, I'm out of guesses. :confused: The event always triggered for me. Good luck.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm not sure what happens if you whack lysan in the bar before you whack her out in the Vale. Or if that is even possible.

Anyways, yeah, when you talk to kresslack you have to say "I will deal with this priestess". Tell him "I am no assassin" and he'll tell you that she means to whack kuldahar too. That'll definately give you the option to "deal with her", even if you have already told him something else. This quest can't be broken like that. Unless you had a flurry of solar flare activity and your ECC memory is giving up.

Now you just have to find her. Find the massive statue of kressalack out in the vale. It's the only statue of a human, and it's massive. Quite nearly in the very center of the area map. Anyways, Lysan's cave is just to the south of that statue. you have to walk around on a trail to get there, and there should be a Yetii all around there. One of them has a necklace you might want (not magical; quest oriented item).

Enter the cave, and prepare for a fight against at least 4 yeti plus Lysan. 8 If you haven't previously cleared out that cave...

10. kangster11 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Finally solved it!

I missed speaking with lysan in the bar so I went back to speak with her (trigger) after which she disappeared than I went back and spoke with kresslack and said I will deal with her. Then sure enough she was where she was suppose to be.

Thanks to everyone who posted and helped me solve this problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.