1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most difficult or challenging battle.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Keraptisdm, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Getting to Yux was the hardest bit for me. It was almost enough for me to want snakes exterminated ;) . apart from that, Belhefit on HoF mode, that was a bit of a struggle when I finally got through it all.
    For some reason the dragon in HoW has always been really easy for me no matter the difficulty level it's been on.

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The dragon was bad joke after mighty dragons in BG2. Does it even have magic resistance? (I killed it with Magic missiles, and no, I didn't use Lower resistance) :rolleyes:

3. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'd have to say the hardest battle is the one with the LureMaster and his friends. Belhifet is easy in comparison.

I was forced to cheat in the lastest run-through where I encountered some wierd bug - Belhifet's friends went down quickly enough and I reduced the big bad dude to near-death - where he stayed. After beating on him for 10 minutes (he wasn't even fighting back) I got bored and CRTL-Y'd him, which worked, surprisingly.

4. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah, Behifet was definitely the hardest. The first time around for me though, Yux was pretty easy. I gave my thief +2 arrows, shot, retreated, shot, retreated, and that took care of her. Maiden Ilmadia was tough. Stupid Fire giants. Stupid mages! Everything after that, with the exception of those mages in front of the inn on HoW, was easy.

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31

For me, it was definatly the Yux battle.

6. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I never finished IWD (without any expansions)
    couldnt figure out how I should kill the poor thing from Hell...

gave it about 18-20 tries, several times.. :mad:

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Belhifet, was the hardest..

Yxunomei the easiest, had her pushing up the daisies within 5 seconds.. a massive chain of critical hits .. no cheating, me no does that

[ January 01, 2003, 16:39: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

8. Malavon's distraught lover Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yxonomei was really hard the first time I played the game, now I've developed...tactics.
    Belhifet wasn't that bad at all....I actually think I had the most trouble at the beggining of the game when my characters are really weak and you have to kill a bunch of orcs; that was embarrising to admit...

9. Erebus Gems: 16/31

Come to think of it, once youplay it again, and use some bettertactics, Yux was as easy as a goblin.

10. Pix Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

the final boss (can't remember the name) was the hardest. he dispelled all my magic enhancements at the beginning of the battle.

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

the first fight where you attack the goblins in easthaven.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  12. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Now, you guys, don't forget that it's all the fault of those blasted demons for making IWD2 possible! I'd have to say my toughest was Ilmadia, which is kind of ironic, seeming how she was the mother of Isair and Madae and all... (hehe)

"Taste The Bite Of My Arcane Wind!"

13. dragon6789 Gems: 1/31

Fighting bone golems. they tore my party to pieces every time. 5 times then I gave up.

14. Axman Gems: 1/31

Malavon was easy, but the golems.... well i tried and tried, but couldn't defeat them. then i realized i didn't have the right weapon. so i went back to kuldahar and got conlan's hammer and whooped there <vulgar>.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.