1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Yxunomei

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Mollusken, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I'm very close to that evil creature now (the little girl is everywhere!), but then I start to wonder. Do I need a weapons of +2 or +3 to kill her?

2. Thalantyr Guest

[​IMG] You need +2 or better.

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I just did it with my fresh new generated party.

I had a +2 axe which could hit her and I had a +2 flail. The flail belonged to the woodo mage in the same dungeon, the one with lots of poisoned zombies. I don't remember where I got the Axe. The fun thing is that I had someone using a Long sword +2. It was inefficient. hmmm.

Luckily I had cast haste on my party so the the bloke with the axe could strike very fast. There should be some arrows +2 somewhere in the same level of dungeon, they might work.

I waited for her to charge. So I took out all her summonings and walked away from her cloudkill.

Damn this game is violent.... :)

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Weapons of +2 was no problem. I had a longsword, a bastard sword and an axe. Then I used haste and hit her with everything, while my cleric was healing as he has never done before. She died :).

5. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My Dwarf Fighter with his +2 axe and high mastery proved extremely fatal when juiced up with a strength potion and haste. A true KILLING machine. I haven't played solo yet but have made good progress with two players. My above mentioned Dwarf and a F/M/T that specializes in missile weapons. Put that third proficiency in bow and give some throwing axes to the Dwarf and these guys can drop most baddies before they even get into melee. Just make sure to buy enough as they can chew through them very quickly.

6. Nathan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Simple: summon some undead to attack her. They can't hurt her, but they do distract her!! Pump her full of crossbow bolts +2 or Arrows +2. a potion of strenght may be required if your guys are too weak for the bolts/arrows to be effective. A Bow of Speed is also handy, as you can kill her quickly. Also, try and lure her away from the main arena (disable traps first!!) to an ambush of your fighters. Any clerics should be healing your group. She's not that tough once you gang up on her. Avoid the main arena for a large scale battle, as she has sketal archers around the place. hope this helps!!

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Whenever I kill Yxonumei, I found that there's no need to use +2 or +3 weapons, just use weapons that do fire damage (along with spells ;)), then send one character as "bait" to draw Yxonumei away from her guards. She'll follow that character as long as s/he stays just in front of Yxonumei. As she follows you, run through a safe doorway, and slam that door! If you time it right, She'll just wait there waiting for the door to open! Now it's safe for your men to beat the $^%@ out of Her without being afraid of losing your characters!

8. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just use 3 or 4 archers with +2 arrows. She'll be dead before she even reaches you (at the same time shoot Magic Missiles or Flame Arrows aginst her).

9. saukoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

important thing is that she's high resistance to magic attacks. So concentrate on melee and let magic users to tackle remaining minions

10. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I beat her in an interesting way recently. I was test driving a 4 player party, with an evil cleric. The party was unrested when they triggered the encounter with her, and they were out of spells and badly injured from the Yuan-Ti archers - what a mess.

I had the party continually retreating backwards as Yxunomei advanced, with my fighter/thief shooting +2 arrows at her. Yxunomei would stop occasionally and summon a batch of undead, which the evil priest would promtly take control of and send at her as a fodder wall. So while she was cutting down her own undead thugs, the thief killed her with arrows.

11. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I did what Faerus Stoneslammer did, it worked like a charm!
    "important thing is that she's high resistance to magic attacks. So concentrate on melee and let magic users to tackle remaining minions."
    Well actualy, she only has a resistance to level one spells. Spells of any other level work. ;) :wave:

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Way to go Faerus!

That little manuever should be in a faq:

"How to capp Yuxi without all the fuss"

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Or rather "Cheesy Exploitations of Bugs"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.