1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale 2 Coming

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Goliath, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Goliath Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have not seen any mention of this here so I though I would post it here.

taken from http://desslock.gamespot.com While it hasn't been officially announced yet, Interplay is working on Icewind Dale 2, another BioWare Infinity engine game. While I've hinted in past ramblings that we may not have seen the end of the Infinity engine, and that Interplay was considering other Dungeons & Dragons products (in addition to Neverwinter Nights), I can now confirm that Icewind Dale 2 is in the works (and it's not necessarily the only new D&D game that is being contemplated).

Goliath

[Fixed the link - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited August 14, 2001).]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not only was it here, but it was announced in the front page news.

But thanks anyway... ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited August 14, 2001).]

3. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I woul have prefered Torn than IWD2. I like IWD, but I want to see a good non Dungeons and dragons CRPG. And it will use the IE - it's a little old, isn't it?

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think that the IE is much of the problem. I mean will IWD2 be anything new? It will be a new game but I doubt it will have many new features. I would suspect it will use the options from BG2:ToB. We have already seen tham and played them. They will have to introduce something really interesting to make it a good game. IWD was a 'change' from the questing games of BG and appealed to a certain gamer, the gamer who didn't want to think and role-play as much. No, offense, I own IWD. But the main stream gamer who played IWD enjoyed it and is ready to move on. And the hack and slash game is ot known for a long attension span. In short IWD2 will have a tought time getting quality gamers to play if it is simply a rehash of the original.

Now this is just my opinion and you may disagree.

5. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

IWD is the best game. And the improvements in HOW where huge. If there is a IWD 2 coming out then it's going to be even more enhanced. It's definitely a thinking man's game..because you have to use strategy to win almost all the fights. I would rather use my brain this way...then toggle through text responses. Anyway back to the point, IWD2 will be another game filled with great action and I'm guessing much more role-playing. Look at the difference between bg1 and bg2. I might have missed it...but will it be 2e.

6. MountainMike Gems: 1/31

Voltric: Oh ye of little faith. Every IE game or add-on so far has had improvements made over the last one. Why shouldn't it be the same for an IWD2?
    [Whoops, sorry Voltric, I take it all back after having read the above link it does indeed sound as though there is reason for your fears]

[This message has been edited by MountainMike (edited September 21, 2001).]

7. Smeghead Gems: 1/31

I will buy and play it when (if) it comes out but I have fears about it being More of What We have seen in ToB :(

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Really though I doubt they will put many new features in it. It seems a quick afterthough of an idea to tide people over before NWN comes out (no doubt where most of their effort is going-and of course to the starwars rpg). Besides, the designers have said they have stretched the engine to it's limit. I'd just like to see perhaps some new kits and differnt IWD spells. That would make me happy enough for new things. Now for improvements, see my coments in the "What would you like to see in IWD2 post".

9. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I just hope that they get it out as soon and as bug free as possible. I for one am READY for a new adventure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.