1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Belhifet

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by amastropolo, Aug 10, 2001.

1. amastropolo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG]
    I'm at the point of the final battle in IWD, and after I go through the entire dialog, I get attacked by BelHifet and 2 Iron Golems. The Iron Golems fall pretty quickly with my front line fighter, but I can't seek to kill BelHifet. His status is "almost dead" and he is teleporting around the room. I can hit him about 2 or 3 times before he teleports to the next spot, and I do about 10 damage with each hit, but he doesn't die. He also does not fight back, but just stands there.

In the first part of the battle, he comes after me swinging those two giant ginsu knives he has, but after I kill the golems, he just stands there. I see the status going from uninured to almost dead, but then nothing. I must have inflicted about 400 points worth of damage onto him, but the constant teleporting (with the fire) and the arrows of dispelling that I keep stepping on wind up killing my whole party.

Anyone know what the problem is? I have both HOW and TOL installed, and I installed them both after I started IWD.

Thanks,

Tony

2. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I would sugest going back to the auto save and try killing him again....remember to disarm the traps in the floor during the battle. I also reccomend moving to the lower left corner of the map, so you have a good definsive position.

3. amastropolo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thnaks for the info.

I tried it again last weekend. This time, I fought Belhifet with my frontline fighter, and left the two golemns to my other party members. Belhifet kept on fighting, and threw a number of fireballs at me, but in the end, he fell pretty easily.

Since then, I've also finished the Heart of Winter expansion. My party was around level 18 or so, and I pretty much breezed through it. I'm planning on moving into the free expansion soon. I just have to figure out how to get there.

I tried to reply to myself to let people know that I was able to finish the game, but the board will not allow me to reply to my own message, unless someone else has already replied as well.

You can edit your posts to add additional info. Read the FAQ/Rules.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 16, 2001).]

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I had a question about the expansion sets...SO I thought I'd put it here, because the question fits with this topic:

Do I kill Belhifet before or after I do HoW and ToL? Just wondering...Because I killed him yesterday, and the game just ended, without returning me to Easthaven to start HoW/ToL...

So, do I leave Dorn's Deep before thumping on Brother Pokemon (my pet name for him...Plus, he looks like one! ;) )and seek the barbarian in Kuldahar? Or can I continue from the carnage at the Shrine of Tempus? Please let me know....

~Bel

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Weird... The game should transfer you to HoW (or make a savegame to use to initiate HoW, I don't quite remember)... But anyway, you can just export all your characters from before the final fight (or somewhere in the middle if you have a savegame) and start a brand new expansion-only game of HoW & ToTL with them.
    In any event, if any of your chars died in the final fight and dropped all of their items, they'd still be as dead in HoW, and you'd be at a loss for all of their items. (This is how it looked when I did it, so I rather went back and exported my chars from just before the final fight when they're in good health and have all the items on them and imported them into a expansion-only game.)

But yea, if you want to go to Kuldahar and start HoW from there, you can do that too.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Cool! I think I'll do the export! Thanks Tal!

~Bel

7. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

YEAH! I just killed Belhifet too.
    I never liked IWD as much as BG and PT, but after watching the last video...whoah.
    That was so kewl.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only way to access the HoW expansion without starting an "Expansion Only" game is to talk to Hjollder in Kuldahar. This means you must go back to Kuldahar before taking that stairway where you placed the 5 badges.

If you start an "Expansion Only" game, you will never have access to the IWD areas.

According to the manual, if you start an "Expansion Only" game you are offered the choice of creating new characters or using the ones you played IWD with, and goes on to say that "...if you completed the original game, the game will have automatically stored the states of your characters after the final battle, minus all conditions such as death, poison and so on..."

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, that's the problem... The dead chars aren't raised and you lose all their items too...

10. amastropolo Gems: 1/31

That may be true, but the system exports your characters automatically, just before the final battle with Belhifet. As long as your healthy going into the battle, you'll be OK starting HOW.

Getting into Trials, on the other hand, is proving to be a little more challanging. I haven't figured that one out yet, although, I have gone back to play BG II: Throne after I finished HOW, so I haven't spent much time trying.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Actually it only makes a final save, it doesn't export anything. Characters are stored AFTER the final battle, which is the root of the problem. It's only OK if no one dies in the final battle...

12. amastropolo Gems: 1/31

Are you sure? I seem to remember the system saying "Characters Exported" as I was entering the room where he was.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Almost 100% sure. I was playing around with all the options for quite a while. But then again, it's been a while and it might have slipped my memory. Maybe someone could check...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.