1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You have rested for 32 days?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by seel, Aug 10, 2001.

1. seel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

im in the "fake monk" monestary, and i start fighting them because they are, well, fake. then i get fatigued about half way through the battle. so i load quicksave and start again, this time resting for 8 hours before i start the huge battle. then, i get fatigued right away again. load qs, then leave to a higher level in the dragons eye to rest because you cant rest in the monestary other than the one room. now, after the rest, it always gives me 30+ days of rest. what is up? have i not rested enough during chapters 1 and 2? does a 30+ day rest have any effect on gameplay or the outcome in the end?

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The simple answer is no. Resting time doesn't really have much effect in IWD. Do you have a cleric in your party? Resting time in reduced by the cleric casting healing spells. The game does all the math for you but just having the ability to heal cut down on the rest time. But in the end the time your party rests doesn't mean much.

3. seel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks, i was worried about a better ending for less time taken to finish. also monsters respawing in a certain area after i rest. i went back in after i rested and the monster count was the same, nothing changed. thanks again! these boards are so cool, my 11 posts were all questions i had and they were all answered fully and on a timely basis. thanks everyone!

4. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

That is what we try to do here. (well excluding the whatnots section where other stuff happes.)

5. Otis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was experiencing the same problem, but I found the answer in an old post on this very forum. According to user 8people:

"go into the inventory screen and click on rest and you have the option to rest or rest until healed, then when you click rest on the game screen it does the same rest that you last used (if you get what I mean)"

I tried this and found that you can rest for only 8 hours if you do it this way, but the rest button will *not* remember what your last rest mode was. I am, of course, making sure that the "rest until healed" option is off in the interface and that the config line in the .ini is set to 0. Anybody have more info on this?

[ December 14, 2004, 14:21: Message edited by: Otis ]

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

In the first few chapters of the game I rested quite much... But after I reach the half of chte game and my fighter/cleric (in a four party game) reached the suitable level I stopped... The closing chapters I made infact with little or no resting. That's what I did in the original game. In the rest at HoW and TofLM it was the same...

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Resting via your Inventory screen does not remember your preferences. I always ensure that the 'rest until fully healed' option is turned off in the setup of the game.

Each charecter simultaneously gets healed by 1HP during an 8hour rest.
    Any regenerating items will work normally during this period. This means more healing.
    A Cleric is assumed to have cast any healing spells remembered at the end of every 8 hour sleeping period. 'Sanctuary' and other spells dont count here.
    The bard doesnt sing the 'Song of the Sith' in his sleep.

Neither the game nor the story is affected by how much time you spend sleeping or travelling. Monsters often spawn in dungeons and sometimes even give you more XP than normally present monsters.

@seel
    Why did your party keep getting fatigued? Did you cast the Haste spell?

8. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I can't remember at what point it was, though it was past the halfway mark, I rested for around 310 days. I was always resting for 100+days, and the logic in such extended rests baffled me. Maybe it's being a bit too detail orientated, but I would have thought the scripts would have been written to at least have the lengths of rests seem realistic. After all, if you're on a quest to save the planet from total destruction, you don't rest up for almost a year.

9. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You gotta be in veery bad shape if you need to rest a year in the world with lots of healing magic :bad:

I never rest more than 8 hours, I use regeneration items, potions, spells, bought healing. I jsut don't like the idea of my world saviour (i play solo only) rests around for months while the planet is starting to crumble.

10. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I was in fine shape, with my party having at least half their HP's.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.