1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Probably a newbie/stupid question but...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by FSFunky, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've money to spare, it's been my birthday (see Whatnots forum), and I've been pondering to buy IWD with HoW (A DVD-Case 1-pack) and I was wondering: Does IWD actually have a storyline? Since you can make your own chars, is it more like PnP AD&D? Where you're just a group of adventurers travelling from dungeon to dungeon collecting treasure?

Thanx in advance

,FSFunky

2. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It does have a story...a story that leads you from dungeon to dungeon.
    And as you are a newbie...remember always to carry a flaming weapon, or you might get stuck.

3. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Yes, its well worth getting, 'specially since it has the add-on with it which improves the graphics and other things a great deal. Nice gaame, some story line, and some pretty difficult opponents/situations as you progress...

4. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

GET IT!

I loved it!

5. Guenhwyvar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the story line is not as good as bg and bg2 but the graphics are so much better

6. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would say Get iT!

7. Avooch Dar Guest

Go on you know you want to!

8. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yeah its a great game but the graphics aren't half as good as BG2!
    It's also not as long and the fact that you create the whole team means there is no NPC interaction.
    It's still a great game though, get it!

9. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i bought it 3 days ago, im enjoying it, though there was 1 bug which set me back several hours of play

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Your asking a biased crowd...But, IWD is a great game...So if I were you, I'd go right now and get it! Off you go, hurry now... ;)
    :D

11. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If you liked BG and BG2, there is just enough difference to offer a new experience while maintaining a familiarity. I really liked being able to start out a PC or group of PC's and progress them all the way through higher levels. Something you couldn't do with BG alone. And forming the whole group really allows you to taylor it to your liking...although I wish I would have known about the flaming weapon thing. It was a minor inconvenience until I was able to rectify the problem. GET THE GAME AND ENJOY!!

12. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i just got IWD, and for some reason it's just a lot of fun. you should get it.

13. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Do not believe what everyone is saying here... this game is a piece of crap, get it A PIECE OF CRAP.......................

No actually it is an exellent game :D i was just kidding around :D

14. GET IT!!!!! It's a great game!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.