1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My party is missing something

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by John Crichton, Jul 16, 2001.

1. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I feel like my party is not compelete.
    well heres my party:

Human Paladin (swords) [Leader 18 chrisma]
    Human Fighter (bow)
    Half-Elf Fighter/Thief (Bow)
    Half-Elf Celric/Mage (hammer)

I put what they use alot in ( ) for you.

1.Im a missing anything, if so tell me.
    2.Do you guys like my Party??
    (number 2 is not that important)
    3.And do you think i can make it
    though the game??

2. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

you can make it with that. you may consider adding a bard. their lore is so underrated, and, they get a song which regenerates hp for your entire party. pretty much eliminates the need for a cleric as a healer.

other note: your only spellcaster will level up pretty slowly being multi classed. shouldnt be a real problem as spellcasters are not as necessary as in BG.

good luck.

3. John Crichton Gems: 2/31

may i ask whats your party?
    And for lure the highter the number
    the more you have??

[This message has been edited by John Crichton (edited July 16, 2001).]

4. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

That's completely do-able.

My first time through was with a 4 member party almost just like that: Paladin, Fighter/Cleric, Fighter/Thief, Cleric/Mage. Only difference I see is you'll just be relying on one character for healing where I had two, but you'll have a fighter that can put up to 5 points in weapons. Only change I'd make in your party would be to have the fighter use bows and axes.

Having said that though, a bard would be a worthy addition, especially if you have HOW installed (which gives new bard songs as you level up). With a bard you can forget about adding points to your thief's pickpocket and put those points somewhere more useful. Also, a bard equiped with bracers can cast mage spells- my second time through I gave my bard one common spell per level, so he'd be able to cast 3 magic missles, 3 fireballs, etc.

[This message has been edited by Bowie (edited July 16, 2001).]

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In addition to what's been said already the only thing I'd add is the lack of front line fighters. It's true you have 3 warrior types but only one who uses a melee weapon. The C/M can't wear most armor so he's out of the front. The same goes for the F/T. That leaves the Fighter and Paladin. If you fighter is using a bow he won't be as effective again attack in melee. In this situation I can see you paladin getting overrun. But it could work OK it you keep moving the fighter to block and soak up damage.

I might change the fighter to a melee weapon the add a bard or druid for ranged attack and back up spell casting. If you're C/M goes down who will heal him?

Good Luck!

6. corval Gems: 5/31

currently, I have a ranger, ftr/thf and a dual ftr/druid. it is easy sometimes, but other areas, it is really hard. like lower dorns deep for example. have to do lots of hit and run. but, all three can fight really well, and can all wear plate and carry shields. may have to add another later on.

7. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i think u need a druid

8. Luan Guest

Having recently completed the game for the second time, I'm of the opinion that this is easier with a smaller party rather than a larger one. First time through with a party of six - containing a good mix, second time (with HoW) only two (elf fighter and elf thief/mage, and with the latter only the final battle of HoW really proved a major problem. Currently added a half-elf fighter/cleric to try it on heart of fury mode.

A healer isn't really necessary in my opinion, it just shortens the time spent resting. The latter took me the best part of 5,000 game days.

9. John Crichton Gems: 2/31

My celric/mage is wearing Fullplate armor,
    and a hammmer +1. and he is doing fine so far. Well not really. MY whole party was hurt bad, i cast as my healing spells i got.
    wasn't much. then i decide to rest, so i can heal that way. but more monster came and killed my whole party. i wasn't ready.
    lucky i had quicked saved it earlyier in that level.

But i don't think ill get past,
    Yxunomei in level 5.(piont of the story lol)

I don't think my pasrty has what is takes,to do it? What should i do?

[This message has been edited by John Crichton (edited July 16, 2001).]

10. corval Gems: 5/31

i beat her with two. you can do it. load her up with those +2 arrows you find.

11. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yours may work. I went therough the game with a party of six as fallows Ranger, Pally, cleric, Thief, Mage (conjurer i think) , and a cleric/illushionist(gnome)

12. John Crichton Gems: 2/31

I lost to Yxunomei!!

i changed around my front line for the fight.

Ok i gave my Bow Fighter my paladin's +2 large sword. And i bought a nice shield.
    Then i bought The Sword of Myrloch Vale a +3 large sword to give to my paladin. (allmost all my $ the sword was)
    Thoose where the changes to my party.

Here is how i lost to Yxunomei. :( :(
    I took off my celric/mages armor and casted as many offense of spells i had, while my bow fighter and fighter/thief used up all my arrows of +2. then i switch my bow fighter to the sword and my paladin and Fighter was melee. My thief now useing plain old arrows on anything he sees. My celric/mage casting bless and any spell like that. and healing.then i just took my celric/mage to melee too. i had about 5 potions to heal my guys.i useed all of them. I was so close to killing Yxunomei, then my celric/mage died first with my paladin then my the rest of my party was left to Yxunomei's mercy.

What did i do wrong??? :(

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehehe... I would say you didn't have enough +2 arrows, or missed her too many times with them. When I did this it only took a few whacks to kill her after I had used up my arrows...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 18, 2001).]

14. John Crichton Gems: 2/31

It aslo might be my bow and my level of my guys. the multi-class guys are on 5/5 while the others are on 6 to 7. i using the black bow with the fighter and a short bow +1 for the theif/fighter.

[This message has been edited by John Crichton (edited July 18, 2001).]

15. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I cant tell what you did messed up (if anything) I beat Yxunomei on ther firs try.
    True I had a party of six. My guess is just try again and hope for better luck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.