1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'd like to see anyone best my character!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Lord Sparhawk, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Lord Sparhawk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Does anyone have a better character than mine? If so, tell me his stats. Mine is:

ARAGORN
    Male
    Half-Elf
    Fighter

AC of -16
    Wears Bathed-in-Blood
    Wields Bastard Sword +3: Defender

STR= 19 (some belt, forget what it's called).
    DEX= 18
    CON= 19 (potion in the statue behind Lizard-King in Dragon's Eye, permanent too.)
    INT= 4
    WIS= 5
    CHR= 18

All natural rools too, though it did take alot of time.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Lord Sparhawk, go read the rules at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html

Posting headlines in all caps is a no-no. Mods are busy enough without having to change them because you are too lazy/ignorant to read the rules you were warned to obey on the registration page.

3. Lord Sparhawk Gems: 1/31

Sorry Tal, I had no idea you couldn't post in all caps. Thanx.

4. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

your fighter has some better items then mine but mines still a great fighter for a new guy

Suffer
    Male
    Dwarf
    Fighter

Armor: full plate
    Armor class: -5
    Sword: (forgot) but its a +2 (maybe long)
    Amulet: Black Wolf Talisman
    (AC Bonus 1 and +10 MAX HPs)
    boots: (help with the name) it gives 40 to movement and armor bonus 1)

strength. 18/83
    dex. 17
    con. 20 (potion from lizard king)
    intelligence. 12
    wisdom. 3
    charisma: 16

weapon pro.
    great sword. 3
    hammer.2

to bad i deleted my save file when i meant to save it. thank god i had him exported.
    so now back to chap. one. i have to do the chapters all over agian =(

5. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

not bad. but still just a fighter. would fall to a good spellcaster any day.

i have ftr/druid dual lvl9/13
    str 19
    dex 17
    con 18
    Wis 17
    int 3
    chr 17

same help with stats from items as you
    ac -13 with shield equiped

6. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

but would a frighter/druid be only aloud to use druid weapons and armor??? and can they cast with armor?

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You guys are all hung up on the numbers. A good character is not one with the best stats or equipment. You may have the strongest, or healthist but not the best. The best character is the one you like playing and has the most defined personality. This is not totally possible in a CRPG since a computer game is not as good as real table top. The number are only the surface. My best characters over the years were memorable not for their strength or intelligence score but for the interaction they had with other PCs and NPCs.

In IWD it's about having a good party so none of my PC would be as good as yours but my party was well rounded and fun to play. But give me a PnP game over a computer any day!

8. corval Gems: 5/31

yes DarkHunterz, druids can cast while wearing armor. and, if you dual class, you can obtain high mastery with long sword which is the same as scimitar, whic a druid may use. i have a spellcaster with highmastery with scimi, can wear any armor and can cast spells. pretty sweet combo, although, imo, not as powerfull as fighter/mage, purely based on the power of high level mage spells.

9. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hehe. Low wisdom makes your characthers easily affected by spells. Low I and W also limit your dialoge options. Its better to have balanced characthers rather than min-maxed. And besides its more fun to create a characther in your mind, and then assign the stats so they fit, instead of assigning them to get bonuses. And of course so the stats make sense. I mean...how can an incredibly wise and charismatic druid be so dumb?
    Be careful about these posts or you'll be labelled "munchkin". :)

10. Lord Sparhawk Gems: 1/31

Druids in IWD suck ass anyway. Also, your ability stats are VERY impressive. I wonder how you got them? I think you cheat. Also, bastard swords are better than longswords. My guy is also on a higher level than yours, all his saving throws are in the negatives by at least 2, he has 45% magic resistance and is fun to play. All in all, my guy IS better than yours!

11. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

what level whould you dual a fighter to a mage?

12. corval Gems: 5/31

depends on how much fighting you really want to do. if you can hold out until level 9, you will get an extra attack per round. if you can make it to lvl 7, you can obtain high mastery in a weapon.

13. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if i dualed to a mage, i should put as many weapon proficiences that i can to the dagger right???

[This message has been edited by John Crichton (edited July 14, 2001).]

14. Luan Guest

Agreed, but it does depend on the game - as the roleplaying elements in IWD are limited it is more about power gaming, therefore the better characters are the ones with better stats. Going into something like Torment you can identify with the characters a lot more, so stats less important. Of course nothing goes as far as p&p on the computer.

15. corval Gems: 5/31

if you dual to a mage from a fighter, you can use any weapon. forget a dagger. go for a bow or sword. that is point of duality.

16. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] My dwarven fighter could kick all yer asses. Many times over...

17. Solarus Gems: 1/31

Oh boy....I would crush you! I played IWD and HOW solo with an elf F/MU/TH. His exp. levels are maxed out to "GODLIKE"! NO CHEETING INVOLVED! You wouldn't stand a chance! I'll post his ability scores when I get the chance. I deleted IWD off of this computer, but I still have the savegame folder, and will be reinstalling the game on my new system soon. God I loved that character. I thought IWD rocked! I'm going to play the whole thing again solo, with a level 1 character, with HOW and the new expansion installed.

18. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31

I'm sure anyone of my chars could kick your butt.Except maybe the thief, thieves stink.Open locks and F/R traps useful. Not much else is.

19. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

lord sparky..maybe you can't identify with your characters because you powergame...I have 5 spellcasters in my party and have to use strategy and my Illusionist/thief as a scout. Anyone can use 6 fighters...but my party is much more fun.

20. H Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What can i say...

Just think about this:

Any wizard (lev 9 or more) who has the flesh to stone spell can kick the shit out of your fighter any day...

You can have 6 fighters in the party, and they will kill anyone, but is much more funnier to play with other weaker characters...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.