1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cursed Items

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Virik, May 31, 2001.

1. Virik Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I have now found several cursed items. I know that I can remove the curse with a remove curse spell, but does the item take any damage from this spell? What happens to the character when I put on a cursed item (other than the problem with removing the item)? In the buriel isle I talked to an armor (hmm) which gave me his armor (hmm), called vexing thoughts or something. When I put it on I am transformed to a monster of some kind, and I die. Is there any way to fix this armor so I can use it without taking any damage or beeing transformed?

2. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Remove curse does nothing to change a cursed item, it only removes the item if equiped. The cursed items will always be cursed and worthless. Well, maybe not worthless, there were a couple of cursed items (i think in HOW) that had some pretty good bonuses along with the bad. I think I actually used one of them, but the other I tossed.

The vexed armor is pretty tricky. It does 3 different things depending on how you get it. The best way is to find his name by casting "contact other plane" but I only found this out by looking at a walkthrough afterwards. This is the only time I know that this spell is actually useful.

If you demand it give you the armor, then when you put it on, you'll die. If you agree to kill an inocent, you can put it on and "call" vexing thoughts one time only (be sure to save before you call him with this armor, it ain't pretty :D). (This is the choise I did because I'd aready "accidently" killed the party that was held by the fake druids in the Dragon's Eye) And, finally if you find out his name, it'll have better AC and he'll actually be helpful when you call him.

[This message has been edited by Bowie (edited May 31, 2001).]

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Cursed items are not worthless. Some of them actually gives you a nice pile of gold (in BG1 at least).

4. Virik Gems: 4/31

So if I allready got the armor that kills me in my inventory, all I can do is selling it ?

I can't fix the armor so it gets usable ?

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just sell it unless you come over a kill curse spell.

6. Virik Gems: 4/31

Kill curse spell... (joke?)

Well thanx to all of you!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.