1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yxunomei

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Spyrer the Drow, May 26, 2001.

1. Spyrer the Drow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] What weapons actually do anything against this monster

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Only +2 or better if I remember right...

3. Virik Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Try using the oil of speed when you kill her.. Saves you for a lot of trouble

4. Spyrer the Drow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

yes, Haste is good, but i am just wondering over the weapons since a broadsword +2 was innefective

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    +3 then... It never goes by type in the original Icewind Dale, only enchantment level.

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I remember having a lot of trouble with her, since I had only one or two peeps with good enough weapons. Somehow I managed to make her go for 1 fighter peep, and the block the narrow hall with two others. It seemed a bit buggy, for she just tried to reach the character she went for in the first place, even when I started hitting her ugly face until she died.

7. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Magic does the trick, especially fire-based trickery. Az's Scorcher and Flame Arrow can do miracles, but keep sure she can't get to your spellslingers, or they'll be dead in the blink of an eye. Other than that, as pointed out, +3 weapons can hit her.

8. Braindeadsue Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Actually what I did was

1. Arm my archers with fire and acid arrows and rained it on her.

2. Arm my melee warriors with +2 or +3 weapons.

3. Got my mage to fire melf's acid arrows, agannazer's scorcher, that fire arrow thingy, monsters summoning and haste

4. Got my cleric to cast bless and prayer and when needed animate dead.

:)

9. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

try using chromatic orb. you may have to try a few times, but you can stun her. Its game over when you do.

10. Havok Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] The clerical spell "Holy Smite" helped out my party immensely during this encounter. I've used it several times, and its proven effective in all cases.

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Bomb her with stinking clouds, web, entangle and everything to keep her from you.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My strategy to date:

1) Talk to her and sound very brave
    2) Get to a strategically placed narrow hallway so I can put up the best fight.
    3) Let her and her minions wipe the floor with my party
    4) Re-load and repeat

13. Havok Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] The spell "Lance of Disruption" works ok as well. Just be sure your party members are to the side or behind the mage when it's cast.

14. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This strategy is actually incredibly cheap,:rolleyes but for first time IWD players it's okay. First you turn the difficulty to easy, then youm get every one in the hall and have your main fighter lure her out. Then have your main fighter run around the hall with haste while your theif shoots Yxonemei with arrows of piercing. When she's reall y close to death turn the difficulty to insane. You get shitloads of XP.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Gnoff: :rolleyes:

(wish I'd have thought of that! see my strategy above)

16. Lord Sparhawk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Gnoff, you're certainly one tricky character. Damn!! I shoud've thought of it.
    That certainly would've of given my lower level party a boost!! It's cheating I suppose, but it's a bloody great idea!

17. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

For all its worth, just keep trying. Don't resort to the cheese tactics as stated above unless it is impossible with your dudes and your equipment, she's not invincible!

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    -First approach: The first time I *tried* to fight Yxunomei I was stupid enough to rush into the traps in front of her. My main char was stunned or held and was then beaten up. My +1and +2 weapons proved to be ineffective. Since I disliked that I reloaded the game.

-Second approach: I sent in my thief to sout the area and to look take care of the traps. Invisible she disarmed the traps quickly. I prepared for battle and chose fire and acid arrows for my archers, I let my cleric cast smithe evil and made my mage cast flame arrow, magic missiles and chromatic orb. My melee men attacked her straight ahead. I focussed all missile fire and melee attacks on Yxunome and ignored the rest (good old german panzer doctrine: fire concentration or in the original quote "Klotzen, nicht kleckern !" ;) ). She went down fairly quick then but not without dealing out quite a lot damage on my melee fighters. The rest of the enemies in that room were pretty easy.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 05, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.