1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I wanna buy icewind dale. but is it worth it???

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Hellfire20098, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

o.k i wanna know if icewind dale is worth the buy( cause i just love baldur's gate 1&2 and it just like it i heard)and is it a good game to spend time playing or is it just a blow over!?!?!?!?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is a great game. Buy it now...

3. Wingfoot Guest

yep, it's a good a game for sure. but it's different than BG1 and 2. the same setting the forgotten realms, but a different area and type of game. IWD is a dungeon crawl, without alot of dialogue and it is not centerd around one main character. it's still a good game though, so i would say buy it.

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited January 11, 2001).]

4. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you dont buy it now, you will never be able to look at yourself in a mirror again.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I loved it! I some ways it's even better than BG2 (Did I just say that?) Plus the expansion pack will be out in a couple of weeks(days?), making it that much more fun!

6. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In anticipation of the IWD expansion pack, I pulled out my copy of IWD, dusted it off and played a bit. Wow, you don't really appreciate all the features of BG2 until you look back and see what IWD and BG were like. I'm not insulting IWD, it was a great game, but it just looks sooooooo bad compared to BG2. Fortunately the expansion pack will update IWD with the BG2 standards like higher resolution and the ability to play in full-screen mode. Until then I'll stick to replaying BG2.

7. Great Annihilator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In two words ....

......"most certainly"!!!!

I bought it when it came out, installed it played about five hours of it.....

....and then got lost in a storm of BG2, Project IGI,Torment(aghhh)Halflife and Opposing force.......

and now after coming back to it, I am completly hooked! I am only on Chapter Two (3rd lvl of Dragon's eye) and now it has gripped my imagination for most of my waking hours

(...what is the Heartstone? .....)

Added to great gameplay(it might be to much, for those who don't like dungeon crawls)is a cool story which slots perfectly into the fantastic background that allready exsists for this part of the Realms(IceWind Dale).

It will not disappoint.

8. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

alright thanks guys!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.