1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

anyone has beaten AI with less than 6 heroes?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by carlogol, Jan 4, 2001.

1. carlogol Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My best regards to every hero out there!

I am close to finish the game with my fantastic (ehm ehm) party (bard, dwarf fighter, elf fighter/cleric, mage, cleric and a dual class fighter->thief).

Was quite tough, but I got this far and I should be able to finish in a few days.

My question: Has anybody beaten this damned AI with less than 6 characters?

Best regards,
    Carlo

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I beat the game with four PCs. I know someone on the board did it with one and claimed not to cheat. Look at old posts around Sept. to see who did it. I think it would be EXTREMELY hard with less then three and I lack the time for all the reloads. Good luck on finishing the game.

3. Panman Gems: 1/31

I also beat the game with four PCs. All GNOMES and they kicked some serious tail.

4. Wingfoot Guest

i beat the game with 4 characters as well, and it was tough. but i aslo beat it with 3 characters and it was a real challenge. the end was by far the hardest with only 3 characters, but after a few tries i finally prevailed. as far as cheating, i use the max hit point button the whole time thru and had a Cap remover installed.

5. carlogol Gems: 1/31

Max Hit Point Button? Sounds interesting!!! I know how to cheat, and I admit that sometimes... But I didn't know about this magic button.

I hope you would tell us more about it :)

Thanks,
    Carlo

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just go to your game options screen and look for it. I think it's clearly labeled Max hits points on level-up or something like that.

7. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] yep, that will work. nice thing about it is, you can keep the button enabled until you reach a certain level, disable it, and still keep all your Hit Points.

8. carlogol Gems: 1/31

In the option screen? Hmmm, I guess I should read the manual with more attention.

Thanks

9. ROOT Gems: 1/31

No wonder I've been having so much trouble I've been trying to play the game with one damn character

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

LOL!

I hope you're joking :) :o :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Syl...

11. Myrthos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well rumour has it that you can beat the game with a single multiclassed fighter/thief/mage. As he gets all the XP he will go up in levels real quickly and become very powerful.
    But then again, rumour has it :)

[This message has been edited by Myrthos (edited January 16, 2001).]

12. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well nor rumur - but fact.

First time through I've beaten it with 3 chars - all multis F/T, R/C, F/M.

Second one - single Fighter/Mage/Cleric.

It was easy until Chap 6 - there I had some trouble but got it anyway.

Details available on request. :D

13. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I beat IWD with only one character. I beat it with a Fighter/Thief. It's been so long since I've played it, but I think I had a level 13 Fighter/ level 14 some odd thief. I can't remember the XP cap detailes, but the fact is that I beat it with only one char. I tried beating it with only a Wizard afterward, but I quit after you start running into a bunch of trolls in the ice caves and such. (not enough fireball spells.) It's not that hard, just very tedious. Every little thing counts when you only have one char. I beat BG1 and BG2 with solo Magic-users. (BG1 - Conjurer, BG2 - Sorcerer) I have a VERY long attention span.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.