1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cant figure out dwarven puzzle

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Happy Scrappy Hero Puppy, Sep 17, 2000.

1. Happy Scrappy Hero Puppy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've beaten everyone in Dorn's Deep and have the first badge. I got a book telling of the puzzle in the upper area which strikes you with lightning bolts everytime you step on one of the tiles, however I can't figure out the solution? The book you find says to talk to the guy who tells you of the badges in the first place, but I cant find him either? Please Help Me....

2. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The room that you went through to get to that secret room has a big dwarven table in it. The solution is on the table. Step on the outer picture, then around to the middle picture, and then the inner. Go back out into the other room and pull the hammer down on the only dwarven statue that has his hammer raised. Hope this helps :)

3. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

Oops, I missed the part where you weren't sure where the room itself was. Oh crud, now I can't remember what level it was on.... ever so sorry ............

4. Happy Scrappy Hero Puppy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thankyou Mithrilhammer. Very helpful. I cant believe that I couldnt see the answer in the table since I stared at it for half an hour.

5. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing. I never mentioned it to anyone 'cause I felt like slapping my forehead and screaming D'OH! Enjoy the rest of your travels through the dale :D

6. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

a funny thing happened to me:

i tried to do the room, but when i saw it was trapped, i had a hunch the table had the solution, since the two looked very similar

after staring at it, i couldnt figure it out, until i looked at it again a few days later,and the solution came right to me, without the help of a walkthrough

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.