1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best patch ever!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by The Fat Egg, Sep 10, 2000.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] For those of you who read one of my previous posts you know I have been working on a patch to eliminate restrictions, and its done, 9 mb, but its done. I have a dwarf fighter\mage, and he can have a huge con. without losing out on other abilities, its perhaps my most awesome bit of coding yet! Any combination is possible, anything, and when a certain race gets a bonus it keeps its bonus without losing out on something else, and I've created awesome new paper dolls that didn't exist before in the package, its just awesome! I've also made 23 new items and 12 new spells! As soon as my site is up, these will be available to all of you! So, what do you think?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Neat. By the time it's out, BG2 will be on the shelves and neither of us will give a rats ass about IWD anymore :) ;) ;)

Sylvus

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ROTFL...
    Indeed.
    And Fat Egg, do me a favor and stop advertising stuff that is yet to be, or any other will-bes and maybes that you happen to come along. This is a board for IWD gamers, not gossip (try Whatnots for that).
    If you have anything concrete to offer, fine, I'll tolerate it.
    But making any such advertisement just brings up the topic of "Where is your site?"
    and "It's not up yet" way too often.

4. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Why do you act like such a law keeper around. Dont you have web building to do. What he is advertising has something to do with IWD. Why do you care anyway. SHEESH :D

5. dmartin797 Gems: 1/31

I say let him put his money where his mouth is.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If I have to point it out again Wizard_IV, I'm a moderator of this board. Obviously moderators at that other board aren't doing their job if this is the first time you've seen one speak his mind.
    And I care because I spent a lot of time and effort at building this board (and restoring it when the server collapsed).
    And most of all, because I have some respect for the people who post here, even though I have to set a few guidelines every once in a while. Unfortunately (for some) that happens in any sort of society sooner or later.
    And if I (or anyone else) didn't, well, we know what that other board looks like, right?

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 11, 2000).]

7. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I have to agree with the sometimes-a-little-rude moderators (don't hurt me)...Fat Egg has been talking about this thing forever, and now he's basically starting it again. Enough already. Let us know when it's out and shut up until then. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you are expecting that you didn't get in your last string on this topic.

8. Wizard_IV Gems: 1/31

If you say so. No offense but you guys reply aggressivly. And sorcerer dont give me your im gona moderate the board speech, I heard it enough and I understand it.

9. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, this thread has gone way off-topic.

For those of us who've been around, we saw Fat Egg brag about his mod earlier, and alot of people gave him feedback, but I'm pretty sure everyone thought it was over and done with until the mod came out.

Now, he's advertising that he's got it done again, but yet there's still no place to get it.

Fat Egg, post a URL where someone can download this, or quit making false claims! There are tons of free webhosting sites out there, where you could just put the file, even if it doesn't have cool pictures or whatever... no one is interested in that anyways, they just want the mod.... if it's as good as you say it is.

Don't sing it, bring it!

-The Wretched

[This message has been edited by The Wretched (edited September 12, 2000).]

10. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

yeah just post it already

PLEASE I WANT THAT MOD NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

11. Panman Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Let me guess......the Egg is now off playing BG2 for ten to twelve hours a day and the Icewind Dale patch that he hyped so much will never exist. Anyone else not terribly surprised???

12. Taluntain

Media:
  13. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'll believe it when I see it. Until then the yoked one is only blowing hot air. It sound good but I'd like to see it. That not much to ask. Is it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.