1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ahhhhhhh...man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by sevendust62, Aug 28, 2000.

1. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] i have a question:

Why do i get the message "Cant be equipped due to other equipped magical items" i mean, i know the obvious, but why is it when i unequip *every* item i have on, whether magical or not, i still cant i equip the item? PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!

2. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey guys, I think we have another person infected with The Fat Egg Syndrome - (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. caimenking69 Gems: 2/31

lets hope not... if so, we better hardboil him before it's to late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!(oops???????????)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank God this board will never get dull... thanks to Mr. Fat Egg... :p
    Or should I say the people who won't stop making fun out of him (hrm!). I know how tempting it is, but please restrain yourselves. I can give 1 on 1 lessons in boards usage if necessary.

Ok, sevendust62, here's your answer.
    The only thing that could be preventing you from equipping your char with an item is your char itself.
    You're obviously trying to put an item on him that he can't use. For example, mages can't use swords, bows, armor etc. Fighters can't wear mage robes and so on.
    If that's not it, tell me what are you trying to equip your character with, and what class your character is. We'll solve this quickly.

5. Wingfoot Guest

it might have something to do with your alignment, or maybe a bug.

i have to come to The Fat Egg's defense on this one. after Taluntain asked him nicely not to use multiple ! and ?, he stopped, just like a good Egg should.

6. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31

Actually,according to the item descriptions,they are equippable. For example, on one of my rangers, i am unable to equip some full plate +1 without removing all of my other eqippment. The same goes for many of my people and an amulet +1. Basically, i must go to extreme lengths to equip an equippable item
    Also, if I'm like fat egg because of the exclamations, i did it to catch peoples attention so they'de read my post

7. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well a simple fact is there are some magical items that will not work -with other- magical items. For instance you cannot have a +2 Ring of Protection as well as a + 2 Cloak of Protection on the same character. At least I've never been successful in BG or IWD trying it.

Now from the sound of your Ranger situation, and what you are trying to equip him with -it just wont work. Perhaps it is an Armor and Protection item most likely that your are trying? Just as a heads up, you may wish to find a 'Field Mithral Plate Armor', this armor allows a ring or cloak of protection.

The reasons for magical item 'attitudes' may derive from AD&D rules involving item EGO. Then again, who knows? Maybe it's just to keep your characters from becoming 'Gods' with all the best magical items.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.