1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What does "acolyte" near my name mean

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by BOB_BK, Aug 20, 2000.

1. BOB_BK Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] There is the "rank" acolyte near my name in the post.What does that mean and if I can get higher ranking than how.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It's the lowest of the low. It goes up once you've contributed with 100 replied posts or postings of your own.

Sylvus

3. BOB_BK Gems: 1/31

thanx.Who is the highest rank and what actuasly is the highest rank one can get.How much post is needed for it.

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Highest rank is Sorcerer I'm sure and you have to post I think over 1,000 messages to get the highest rank, which gives you full access to the message boards, ability to edit them, maintain them. It's like a giant community!

Sylvus

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually its 51 posts for apprentice. I'm not sure how to be a Wizard or Sorcerer.

6. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Actually, why don't you read carefull what your moderator writes?

It was 21 for the apprentice a while ago, now it is 51.

To become a Wisard you have to become an assistant moderator - none yet, as Taluntain writes. Btw, Taluntain, I think that Sylvus deserves to be promoted to Wisard - there is his line to every topic: "...read my online solution on this site..."

And, finally there is going to be only one SORCERER.....

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Firstly, the whole ranking sytem is explained here: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000027.html in case someone still hasn't seen it yet.
    Secondly, I will give all my staff members the Wizard status if they show any interest in the boards. Of course Sylvus deserves it since he's been helping out here a lot, plus he made the great walkthru we have on the site.
    Nazgul is a lot less active here, but he's one of the news posters that I can rely on (at least till now, he's been MIA for the last week or so).
    There are some more, but they don't visit the boards so there's no sense in giving them any higher ranks here. Of course if they start making an effort here too, they'll get it too eventually.
    This is just for info so that everyone'll know what's going on.

P.S.
    You can make 10.000 posts and you still won't be a Sorcerer. There can be only one. :cool:

8. Mox Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] there can be only one! yeah!
    does that mean people would have to chop ur head off to gain ur *powers*?
    =)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wouldn't recommend trying. It's hard to get all the bloody stains out of my robe as it is, I don't need any extra.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.