1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Highest Stat Roll!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    My best roll in BG1 was for a human fighter:
    STR 18/53
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 3
    WIS 11
    CHA 18

I spent a LONG time rolling these though... and that was the only time I actually tried to get "perfect" stats.

2. Morghak Steelhammer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

probably not my best roll but the one I have saved in my computer and the best roll I got for a human mage 97.

STR 18
    DEX 18
    CON 16
    INT 18
    WIS 12
    CHA 15

3. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Well, because those stats make him more characterful, I am not into maximising stats that pertain to the character's class just to make him the best melee fighter, or what have you.

4. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I got 98, i was happy.Then i roll some more, but came to conclusion that 98 was good enough.Then i press (accidentally) "Done" instead of "Recall" :eek: , Whee!, more rolling! :mad:

5. bobarian Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just started playing BG1 again (been about 4 or 5 years since the last time). Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a way to (dare I say the word?) cheat and get max points on all stats? I vaguely remember (I am 60 now) a way to click on something somewhere on the stats build page that allowed you to max the stats... Well, so much for my banter on such matters, it just irritates the hell out of me :mad: when I can't remember such things...

Thanks for reading.... :confused:

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Welcome to the boards!

Cheating? Shame on you! :p
    If I remember correctly, if you edit the file BALDUR.INI with Notepad, and type Cheats=1 under [GAME OPTIONS], you will be able to use CTRL and 8 together in the stats screen to max everything to 18.

Back on topic, my best roll ever was for a half-elven thief:
    STR 18
    DEX 18
    CON 16
    INT 12
    WIS 12
    CHA 18

That adds up to 94... And this was before the tomes. Backstabbing with this guy was great fun. :evil:

7. raptor Gems: 16/31

Not mine, but i watched as a buddy back at school rolled a chaotic good elf ranger,
    str 18
    dex 18 (modified to 19)
    con 18 (modified to 17)
    int 18
    wis 18
    cha 17

He never played it becose he hate playing anything but Wizards

8. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

A quote from the very creators of D&D, "a flawed character is often a good character." It's all about the roll playing, forget the stats and just live it! :D

9. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A good one, but it's sometimes better to live as an uber character than to die as a good role-playing character. This way you don't have to see the story at all. (if you just die all the time)

10. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

I didn't mean all stats at 8, but in the ability screen if you just roll two or three times you can easily get a score capable of making it through BG. I mean it's not that hard of a game. :) If someone can't beat it without a godling character then maybe they should turn the difficulty down. That saves alot more strife... and time!

11. raptor Gems: 16/31

I very much agree with Atariman on this one. A weakness is usually much funnier to play than a strenght in a character.

My latest P&P character got some amasing stats (Gold Dwarf: str17, dex13, con20, int7, wis16, cha13) So of corse i made him into a Wizard! He is the funniest character i have ever played!

12. Atari Man Gems: 6/31

Sounds awsome, raptor. Now thats role playing! :D

13. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

How about the lowest stat rolls?

I think Cleric has the worst scores:

====

Thief and mage lowest rolls total 36 and Paladins are 57

Anyone have further info on lowest possible rolls?

14. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

^
    The lowest possible roll is 24; for a human fighter, wizard, cleric or thief.

15. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

16. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You folk must be very lucky!

Best I've ever done is 94 (Ille), 95 (Bard) and a few 91s.

Most of my characters start in the high 80s.

Perhaps I get bored with rolling too quickly.

17. Aces Gems: 19/31

Are you sure?

Somebody make another post and I'll post some results tonight.

:rolleyes:

18. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

24 is the minimum. Being human, the characters require three in all stats (that being the lowest on 3d6). Their primary stat, dependant on class, is boosted to 9, ie strength for fighter, wisdom for cleric, dexterity for thief, and intelligence for mage.

19. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have never had a score above 89 (Which is what my current thief has). Once saw one hit pure 17's on a first roll, but that was in BGII, so doesn't really belong here :p .

Usually I settle for about 85 in total, that's 91 counting the books, 92 counting both books of wis.
    'Thinks that's fair, also considering that the average score for normal persons' about 10 in each ability.

20. Aces Gems: 19/31

Race make a big difference.

My mage was an Elf and his min stats were:

===

I see a human has 3 for all but INT which is 9 which = 24
    :p

Human Rangers have the highest: 60
    With Paladins a close second: 57

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.