1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yuxonomei

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Maram, Aug 6, 2000.

1. Maram Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] What ever I try I can't get her killed, I go to the left in her room immidiately, have them blessed and more, when my party enters the room all saving spells are dispelled by Yux. My mages use 4x the Agannara's Scorcher and 4x Flame arrows. I 've got 2 fighters with 2d4 swords, a thief with the arrows I'd found in Dragons eye.... none of them are 2d. a clerck with a lot of healing spells and 2 mages. and still haven't killed her.... I tryed for more then 10 times now. Please.... will some one help this "old" mum (over 50 years, are there more?) who was infected (to play this game)by her son. I don't want to ask him :)

2. Jarron Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I don't why but I found she was a piece of cake. I summoned a few monsters and sent them way ahead of me. Then I brought my best fighter up with my best bow and best arrows. As Yx and her minions attacked my summoned creatures the fighter took Yx out with the bow. I still had four of six summoned creatures around when she died. None of the rest of my party even got involved.

3. Javalar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yxonomei:
    you get 40 (or 30) arrows +2 in that big fight on the same dungeon level. (the one in the big room with the bags of loot)
    Split 'em up amongst your 4 or 5 bowmen.
    She'll go down in 2, maybe 3 rounds, and
    won't get a spell off.

Cheers

4. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I simply used my 6 fighters to kill her, including a secret throwing axe that returns to your hand after being thrown. its found in a secret room on the last level of dragons eye. also, kill the men on the 2nd to last floor of dragons eye; they have good items

5. Maram Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] thank you all !!! Jarron, Javalar and

finally I made it. I just hit and run... each time when I could kill one of her beasts I ran like hell and came back for the next round.

I thought I had killed all in Dragon's eye, where is the secret room with the axe?

And now...up to the tower.

6. sevendust62 Gems: 2/31

look at Sylvus' solution for the game to find the secret axe; thats what its there for, telling you the secrets to the game

sorry sylvus, did I take your line? :)

7. Maram Gems: 1/31

thanks Sevendust but I did, I 've had all the secret rooms. I checked all the places with treasures. For me there was no axe.

thanks anyway.

I'm trying to defeat the inhabitants of level 1 of the tower, it's not easy specialy when I run into a group of 10-15 that's attacking my group. I'll keep up trying.

8. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31

Veteran

[​IMG] You have now discovered the secret of the replayability of the game. *Randomized Items* Most of the items in the game are randomized which means it may not be the same items the next time you play. Keeps the game fun I find.

Cheers!
    Logun

9. Maram Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Yeah, that's why playing the game is so much fun!
    Next time you play it is totally different.

And didn't wanted to do anything with games in the past!! This is realy exciting.

have fun every one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.