1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game Lock Up (please help)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Celesoft, Aug 1, 2000.

1. Celesoft Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] when i load my game on IWD, it just locks up the whole comp after 3seconds or so, and the whole comp freezes, i cant even ctrl+alt+dlt out of it, what should i do?

2. Celesoft Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

by the way, im running windows 98

3. Wingfoot Guest

do you have any windows open or anti-virus enabled, thats all that comes to my mind...

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited August 01, 2000).]

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

First, have nothing running in the background. Second, make sure that your save game is not corrupted, or has a file in the folder for graphics missing. Third, get the game patched. If none of that helps, you may have to uninstall. Most importantly, before you try that make sure you have enough memory. If nothing works, call technical support. (even though they usually just tell you some sh** that never fixes your problem)

5. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It might be your hardware. When I had my old computer, I used to regularly update the insides to keep it current, and I bought a really good(then) graphics card and then I bought a game with good graphics, thinking it would run, but it froze my computer every time, because although I had updated all the boards inside the computer, I hadn't gotten a new moniter, and the new card was too powerful for the moniter and froze the system when I tried to use the full capabilities of the card. I don't know if that helps or not, but it could be something unusual like that, something tech support would never think of. When my pc froze I was on with tech support 2-5 hours day for a week and a half and I figured it out before they did.

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Good idea. It might be that your video card or color settings aren't working. Off the subject, upgrading your computer can seriously slow it down, especially if you don't delete the old settings and install the new. This is especially important with RAM, motherboard, or changing your CPU. By the way, if you upgraded your computer, that may be your problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.